Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary79 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Over-eating and depressed
    I am pregnant. In my 2nd trimester. I have gone through alot these past years. I admit that I suffer from depression. And I'm bipolar. Somehow, I just can't stop eating. I mean i have no will power what so ever and have gained weight from it. Sometimes I eat so much that i feel so full and guilty so I make myself throw up. I hardly do this but there have been times. This is my 5th pregnacy. I have never been this bad. I also cry so much over my problems that I worry about the baby. When my b/f gives the puppy we have attention, I get jealous and say he loves the dog more than me. It's totally imature of me, I know. But at the time I'm really feeling it. So no, I'm not a first timer. BUT i have never been through such an emotional ordeal, nor such a change physically. I feel so fat now. I was a size 7 and now I'm a 14. Thats how much I gained. It is not just baby weight. It's from all the eating. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get control over my apetite without me having to see a therapist?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:46 PM

With a boyfriend like that that can tell you he loves the dog more personally I'd get me a dog and love it more. I tell my boyfriend that I choose the cat over him. BUT You are pregnant and have emotional problems the last thing you need is someone putting you down like this. You need emotional support here. Don't take blame where you are not to blame.
    Pick yourself up and get the help you need to overcome your depression and your desire to over eat. Over eating doesn't solve anything it just creates more problems.
    I know easier said than done but you got to start somewhere.
    Tell your boyfriend if he isn't happy with you there's the door. If he wants to stay and talk things out then he has to be more considerate.

Aug 9, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    with a bf like that that can tell you he loves the dog more personally I'd get me a dog and love it more. I tell my bf that I choose the cat over him. BUT You are pregnant and have emotional problems the last thing you need is someone putting you down like this. You need emotional support here. Don't take blame where you are not to blame.
    Pick yourself up and get the help you need to overcome your depression and your desire to over eat. Over eating doesn't solve anything it just creates more problems.
    I know easier said than done but you gotta start somewhere.
    Tell your bf if he isn't happy with you theres the door. If he wants to stay and talk things out then he has to be more considerate.
    I feel so ridiculous about the dog thing. She is just a puppy about 5 mnths old who probably needs some love. My b/f now puts her outside or in the bathroom when we have our movie nights. Which was the times that he would cuddle her and not me.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:58 PM

He really shouldn't be making you feel worse than you do though.
    Is he cuddling and hugging you again now when its movie time or are you saying he brings her back in for movie time?

Start making big fusses and giving the dog attention. Maybe the dog needs more attention than he gets as well.

Aug 9, 2009, 06:02 PM
    He does cuddle with me and he doen't bring the dog back until movies are over.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 06:06 PM

That is a plus.

Gaining weight will only complicate things more. You need to get healthy, eat healthy and stay healthy. You will only depress yourself more about being overweight.

It will be a vicious cycle.
    Your not happy with yourself because you think your boyfriend isn't happy with you, so you over eat then you gain weight then you think your boyfriend isn't happy with you because of the weight gain...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Depressed over Ex, now I have no one [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend of whom I was with since 18 now 22 has split up with me and I feel so down an depressed, everything reminds me of him and I am constantly crying, I feel so stupid. We have split a few times in the past but now I know its for good, and its really getting me down, I just don't know...

I think I might be depressed [ 5 Answers ]

I am just going to get it out of the way straight off: I broke up with this girl almost a year ago. She was a great person but she left me for any number of reasons, but the bottom line was apparently that I wasn't good enough for her in any way. Now almost a year later, having gone through that,...

Depressed please help [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I'm kk17 I'm going through a rough time at the moment and have been for about 3 years. I'm going through depression and its getting worse. I'm going to the doctors next week but I'm worried she won't give me anything for it. I've been to 3 different councelors and they don't help, as I know...

View more questions Search