Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddysgirl86 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2009, 10:26 AM
    4 month old pitbull
    I have been trying to potty train my 4 month old pit bull. Although he has been doing really good. Just have one problem. When my husband or I come home from work, he gets really excited and goes potty. How can I stop him from doing this.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:43 AM

Puppies quite often pee when they are overly excited.

Get your husband to completely ignore the dog when he comes through the door...
    I know it will be hard but it is necessary.
    He can give her lots of attention once she has calmed down.

Keep doing this and eventually she will stop being as excited and it will break the habit.

:)
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 12:45 PM

At an age that young, he is probably needing to urinate badly by the time you two get home.
    Ontop of Shaz's advice, you should probably take her outside ASAP when you get home.
    daddysgirl86 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

May 4, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Yea we do! Before I even put my purse down I take him out... thanks fior your advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Is my pitbull going to be mean? [ 27 Answers ]

I just got a four month old blue-nose pitbull. She just showed up on our doorstep, and the owner told us we could have her or he will put her down. He could not take care of her. I have six kids ages 1 to 14. I need to know if she will stay calm and sweet as she is now, or should I worry. The only...

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

View more questions Search