Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fleep1234 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Cat throwing up after eating
    I have 2 cats and I'm pretty sure it's the younger one throwing up. Before paying the dr $40 to tell me a simple answer I'm wondering if anyone else can answer this..

She's a very tiny cat and shell be a yr in May. She weighs only 5lbs and is a pig. She probably eats more than my 15lb cat.

We switch the cat food sometimes, does changing a diet upset a cats stomach??
    I want to say it happens when we buy new food... I'm not 100% sure, I've just started keeping track of it.

Will putting the bowls away when their done work? Or would I just be depriving them of eating if theirs food still in there?

Could it be something entirely different?? (I really hope not I would hate for her to be sick). Other than the throw up she's a normal cat (besides her extra thumbs lol)

Help please I hate cleaning up throw up:)
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:17 PM

Changing their food can cause stomach upset. That said, I rotate foods and none of my six cats ever have a problem.

How long has this been going on? How often does she throw up? If you can give us some more information it would really help us to offer some suggestions.

I will say this, though: If it has been happening every day or nearly every day for a week or more, you definitely need to get her to the vet ASAP. Also if she isn't drinking water, because dehydration can be deadly.

If it is sporadic and hasn't been going on for too long, then there may be some simple things you can try to help alleviate the problem. But for this, we'll need some more info. Bear in mind, it's likely we'll end up recommending you take her to the vet in any case. Persistent vomiting can be caused by a great many things, and it can be terribly dangerous. All things being equal, I would urge you to spend the 40 bucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog keeps throwing up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Pomeranian/Yorkie mix. He is a year and half old. I got him off craigslist about 2 mo ago. They told me he was fully vaccinated but didn't give me any papers. Anyway I changed his dog food on fri because I couldn't find the kind I usually give him. He was fine during the day but that...

Just throwing this out there. [ 3 Answers ]

I know I'm not a real 'active' member of AMHD, but it has really helped me to begin my weight loss. I don't post much, but I'm on here almost everyday reading posts, and answers, and putting different tips together, while being motivated all at the same time. I have tried to diet more times than I...

Pug throwing up [ 6 Answers ]

My one year old female pug will throw up after she eats. Its not all the time but it is enough that I am concerned. Could heat have an impact?

My pup is throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy started throwing up early this morning and has been consistent all day. She doesn't want to eat or drink much water, what could be wrong with her she is going to the vet tomarrow but I am just trying to figure out what to ask her to look for any help would be greatly appreciated thanks...

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search