Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 07:41 PM
    4 week old puppy
    I just visited my breeder. I put a deposit down on a male saluki dog. He will be 5 weeks tomorrow. He came from a litter of 4 (all males). In comparison to all other 3 brothers he was the least active. He shook a lot and wanted to sleep, while the others were very playful with tails pointing up. His tail seemed to be always down. Are some puppies more lethargic than others? Any questions I should ask the breeder? In comparing him to the dad & mom they both are very calm dogs. They slept most of our visit in our kids laps. Just concerned!
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Dec 27, 2008, 09:06 PM

Did the puppy go to the vet already and if not I would make sure the dog is healthy before you pay for it
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 27, 2008, 10:23 PM

Are you buying this dog from a registered licensed breeder? Have the parents bloodlines been checked? How many litters has the mother had?
    capecodgirl24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 10:46 AM

I have the same concerns about my new puppy I just brought home last week. He seems very shy and shakes a lot. I am also seeking some advice. My biggest issue: He hasn't eaten at all since we came home (6 days ago). Any suggestions?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 29, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by capecodgirl24 View Post
    I have the same concerns about my new puppy I just brought home last week. He seems very shy and shakes alot. I am also seeking some advice. My biggest issue: He hasn't eaten at all since we came home (6 days ago). Any suggestions?
    He hasn't eaten in 6 days? Are you kidding? If your newborn baby hadn't eaten in 6 days, and was shaking, what would you do? Get him to the vet IMMEDIATELY! This is what happens when you buy your pets from backyard breeders or pet stores that get their dogs from puppymills! How do I know this is how you got your pet? Because you replied that you wanted to know questions to ask a breeder. If this was a licenced registered responsible breeder, you wouldn't be asking any questions here! The breeder would be checking up on your puppy, and would have given you this info! Your puppy could have parvo, or there are several other possibilities! A puppy should NEVER go for that long without food. TAKE HIM TO THE VET!! Your puppy is SUFFERING!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1 week old puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I week old puppy hasn't put any weight on. Eating well by bottle not by mother. What can I do

3 week old puppy [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 week old puppy no mother I am bottle feeding. It is have a hard time having a bowel movement. He is on Esbilac, I ran out for a few days and mixed water and carnation canned milk he is now back on esbilac. What can I do?

New 7 week old puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Lynne. I am brand new to this site as of tonight. My question is... I just bought a 7 week old baby Chihuahua today and I was sent home with a small bottle of Albon for a possible case of Coccida in her. The breeder I bought her from said she "may" have it, but wasn't sure. I have...

5 week old puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old german shepard black lab that will not eat or walk (only unless it has to). What should I do?

My 9 week old Lab puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Of corse I think I have the cuteset puppy in the world and yes I fawn over him ALL the time he is never left alone inless he has to be he gose to the store with us he basicaLy gose every where with us. But all he really wants to do is bite us or tear something up. At this point I have no...

View more questions Search