Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirstyeaton2k6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Dog Won't sleep
    I have a cocker spaniel puppy.He is just over 1 year old. He is very happy and friendly to everyone but he doesn't sleep at night.He used to sleep but it is these last few months that he has not. He always follows us around the house and is always lying next to my mum. We are getting very annoyed and my mum is wanting to get rid of him if he doesn't stop :( We leave the radio on and he sleeps in the kitchen in a big, comfy bed. He has all of his teddies with him and a night light. What can we do? :S
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 06:00 AM

Is the room completely dark?
    kirstyeaton2k6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 08:15 AM
    No. It is quite dark but there is still a small light in the corner:confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2008, 09:33 AM

Does he get enough exercise? Daily walks, especially right before bed time, can do wonders. Throwing a ball for him in your yard can tire him out as well.

Good luck.
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Dec 9, 2008, 10:13 AM

A tired dog is a good dog. Our dogs get us up three or four times a night when they haven't had enough exercise. Take the puppy out in the yard and do anything with him to keep him moving. You can throw a ball or you can just run around and play with him. We run our dogs until they start acting like they don't want to play anymore. Doing this as close as possible to bedtime works best for us. Wearing them out in the afternoon means they sleep all evening and they're ready to go again at midnight.
    Ber

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat won't let me sleep... HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

Hello :( I need some help and advice on what to do with this situation that Iam passing through with my kitty.. Her name is Blondie and she is one year old-I love her to death but the only thing that bothers me is that she gets extremely wild at night.. My husband and I both have to wake up...

21/2 yr old son just won't sleep in his bed [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have allowed our son to fall asleep on our sofa at night while we all watch a bit of TV and relax. Then once he is asleep we would put him in his bed. This has been going on for about a year. Normally he would sleep through the night, but latley he has been getting up and making...

My Son won't Sleep! [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 17 months he usto be the best kid he would always sleep. Now he stays up alllllll night and won't sleep... Please help!

My 2 yr old won't sleep [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 yr old son who refuses to sleep at night or take naps during the day. I have tried numerous things to help him sleep better, nothing seems to work. We've tried pushing back his bedtime to 9:30, reading him bedtime stories, no sweets in the evening, no drinks other than water before...

He won't sleep in his own bed! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my son turns 4 in December, since he's been 2 we made his bedroom up, turned his cot into a bed and made it into a right litlle boys room, cars, bob the builder, Anyway when I put him 2 bed I usually read him a story, and he falls asleep in his own bed, but EVERY night around 2-3am, (uk time)...

View more questions Search