Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonya5536 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 05:56 AM
    My dog as blood in his poo
    When my dog poos there is blood in it, what's wrong with him, only noticed today
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Nov 9, 2008, 07:07 AM
    What to do: Take the dog to a veterinarian to diagnose and treat.

There are many causes including gastritis, gastroenteritis, and colitis due to bacterial infections (Salmonella, E. coli, etc.); viral infections (parvovirus, coronavirus); parasites (hookworms, roundworms, whipworms); gastric ulcers; inflammatory bowel disease; tick-borne diseases (ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain spotted fever); liver disease; coagulation disorders (congenital and disease-related); rectal polyps; and gastrointestinal neoplasia.

Vetinary Locator

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Human Blood or animal blood? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello anyone. I'm a newbie here, hope to find some help here. I'm a student taking degree in biomedical science. I'm required to produce a research project in order to get my degree. I'm interested in forensic science so I choose it to be my field of research. I wonder how a real crime scene...

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

My pup has blood in it's poo [ 2 Answers ]

I have a french bulldog puppy who's 4 months, he just within the last two hours got dia-poo and his last movement had dia-poo and then bright red blood. Is this bad or can I wait it out to see if it gets better. What can I feed him to make his stool harden up again. Oh and he hasn't had all his...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search