Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Excessive drool in crate/seperation anxiety?
    We rescued a 10 month old mastiff/lab puppy about a week ago, gentle as can be, very smart, learns quickly, loves the kids, just an amazing dog... he is not at all a drooler, but when he goes into his crate and we leave, he drools gallons (and I mean gallons). I know he has been stressed by being moved to a different family, but is there some way we can help him with this? I feel so bad for him. Plus it is disgusting to come home to it and have to wash all of his towels and blanket. I am very low key about leaving and coming home. He goes in willingly, and is usually lying down when I return... but he does chew and shred towels that are in there. Anything I can do? He had the same drooling problem in the car, but I have gotten him where he drools a little less and doesn't vomit or poop now. Poor guy.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 15, 2006, 01:05 PM
    It almost sounds like he's closterphobic. That on top of separation anxiety might be your problem. I would possible take him to see a vet because it seems like he may have been traumatized as a small puppy by being in a box or something. I would talk to a vet and get his opinion on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Great dane excessive whining [ 7 Answers ]

Our great dane has been whining all day. We can't figure out what she wants? But something is definitely wrong. She pace the room whining and no matter how much attention we give her, nothing helps. Yet she will play with her toy like everything is fine. In fact, her toy is almost a comfort to her...

Puppies excessive biting - please HELP ! [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 11 week old female german sheperd X labrador, CoCo. She bites excessively. She seems most amused with my hands & legs. I have tried everything I have read from using a throw pillow to filling a can with pennies & squirting water & yelping & trying to walk away(which is never possible cos...

Excessive Noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have complained for two (2) weeks about neighbors playing loud music in their apartment keeping me up past 2 am to my apartment manager; but every time I complained she told me there was nothing she could do about it. One of my neighbors complained that I was stomping on the floor at 11:05 pm...

Dependants in separation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I separated in early August of 2005. I left the home. We have three children that have been living with him since. I just need to know how I should file and if I can claim any of my kids. I was not working in 2005 until late August.

View more questions Search