Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellababe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Puppy training
    Have a 1.5yr. Tea cup maltease/ till last month perfectly potty trained now poops in living room - only occasionally on potty pad where she was originally trained- 1 out of 3 in the proper place
    fixius_ae Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Sep 16, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Dogs are funny creatures. There could be many reasons she is doing it but it could have started her needing to go and not getting let out and going in the livingroom and now she knows she can physically go in the livingroom (not specifically that she is allowed) so she is just going in there. I don't really believe in puppy pads but she is tiny so it more then likely works well for her. But remember pads teach her that it is OK to go in the house as long as it is on something (carpet is something). If she continues to do this you either need to watch like a hawk for the tell-tale signs, which are circling, sniffing, scratching, etc. and take her to her pad immediately and wait until she goes or, use an umbilical leash and attach one end to her and one end to your belt loop so she can't sneak off and go. Then again when you see the signs take her to her pad. This should help retrain her and keep her from going somewhere you don't want her to. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Training my puppy [ 2 Answers ]

We got our puppy at 7 1/2 weeks and she had never had an accident in her crate. She is now 9 1/2 weeks and for the past 4 nights she has started peeing in her crate. She has always cried when she has to go, but she had not been doing that anymore. I don't know what to do. Should I take the blanket...

Puppy training [ 1 Answers ]

:) hey I have a 8week old collie,just wanted to know the best tips for toilet training her.

What's the best way on leash training your puppy? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 1/2 week old little darling of a puppy, but she's a stubborn little ----- (haha, kidding!) when we get her on her leash. At bathroom time she's not too bad, because we take her to an area of our yard to go to the washroom, and then bring her back in. But when we try to take her for a...

8month old puppy training [ 1 Answers ]

I have a miniature male daschund and a female miniature daschund. The female is 2.5 years old and he is 8months old. I had no problems toilet training the female, but the male I am going nowhere with. They have been trained exactly the same but he continues to have accidents, and I mean accidents!...

View more questions Search