Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinabu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 05:35 AM
    How to stop my dog from pooping in crate?
    How do I stop my dog from pooping in her crate?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinabu
    how do i stop my dog from pooping in her crate?

How old is she? I think dogs only poop where they "live" as a last resort.

Do you walk her frequently? When do you feed her? How many hours is she in the crate?

I had a lot of problems with my German Shepherd when I first got her because she was crated in a very small crate for lengthly periods, she was just a baby, she was pretty much forced to live in her own poop and then she was punished for it.
    tinabu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 06:12 AM
    She is now 8 months old. We got her when she was 4 months old and never was outside, she was always penned up in the kitchen. But she was doing great, but in the last few weeks she has been pooping and peeing in her crate. We get up at 5:15 am and my husband takes her out, then I give her some food and water and then before I leave at 6:30 am I take her out and she goes. Then she is crated until 4:00 pm when I get home. I take her out and she goes, then I feed and water her and she goes back out not long after she's done and she goes again. Then she is out of her crate until 10:30 pm, then I take her outside again and she will go to the bathroom. Then she is in her crate all night. But she will still go in her crate by time we get up in the morning. My husband even got up at 4:30 on the weekend and took her out and she didn't do anything, but when we got up at 5:30 she pooped. Its very frustrating. Someone told me to try another kind of dog food. So I am going to try that and see what happens. I never had a pet do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pooping in the crate [ 1 Answers ]

My puppy is 16 weeks old. He is doing great in housebreaking but when he's in his crate he poops and pees. We have taken him to the vet about the frequent urinating and he was on some meds. For a UTI. The meds are gone and he's still peeing a lot in the crate but my main concern is the pooping...

Pooping in crate [ 6 Answers ]

Hi,I have an 11 week old bernese mountain dog whom we purchased at a pet store.He is having difficulty with pooping in his crate.We took him to the vet the day after we got him because he had runny diaherra with mucus and blood in it.The vet did a test on his poop and he had coccidia.He was treated...

Pooping in Crate [ 14 Answers ]

HELP! I have an 8 week old Rat Terrier who poops everyday in her crate while we're at work... by the time we get home, she has played in it so badly that we have to give her a bath and wash all her toys and towels from the day. How will she ever learn NOT to do this? Everyone tells me that once...

Pooping in Crate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old mini dachsund and crate training her. I have reduced the size of the crate to hopefully stop her from eliminating in her crate. When I crate her with her toys, etc. and I went upstairs. She crys and howls when I leave and hhen I came back down 10 minutes later she pooped in...

View more questions Search