Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiletodiefor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Lump on Shoulder
    We were at the vet today with our dog she is 10 years old and has been limping for about 2-3 weeks now we thought that she just might have sprained her paw. Her x-rays came back fine, but they did find a lump on her shoulder, they are operating on it tomorrow to see if is is an abscess the vet said he has not seen anything like this before. Has anyone experienced anything like this before and what was the outcome
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Aug 25, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Unfortunately a "lump" can be absolutely anything from a spider bite to fat to cancer, so one persons experience may not be anything like yours. I would worry you would get all kinds of horror stories and freak yourself out.
    Did your vet do a Fine Needle Aspiration? That is placing a needle in lump and pulling anything out, then looking under a microscope. You can tell a lot about what the lump may be. Also, where is the lump exactly on the shoulder? Muscle? Bone? Skin?
    How about size and ggrowth?
    The best thing you did was go to the vet. Many serious problems can be taken care of when found early. Thank goodness your dog has you!
    If you want email me and I can give you more info after some of the questions are answered.
    smiletodiefor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Thank you for your support. However, this morning our dog passed the dr. gave her the Anastasic and we guess she suffered and heart attack and died. They believe that she has multipule tumors and she was sicker than we all realized.

Aug 27, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown...

Aug 27, 2008, 10:01 PM
    I am so very sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lump behind shoulder blade [ 13 Answers ]

My dog is a german shepard mix, he's almost 10. He developed about a month ago a hard solid lump behind his shoulder blade. It doesn't hurt him or effect his mobility at all. It doesn't move or change in size. The fur around it appears fine. He's going to the vet in Sept for his checkup but just...

Shoulder issue [ 1 Answers ]

I play college baseball and I'm a pitcher. Recently I injured my shoulder in the area between the collarbone and the rotator-cuff. If I could pin-point it better I would, but its mainly in that muscle right in between. Anyway, I've iced it.. heated it, stretched it and basically have just tried...

Shoulder MRI [ 1 Answers ]

I fell four years ago on my shoulder and I finally went in a few weeks ago for an MRI. Unfortunately, my ortho doctor is not answering my questions, so I am in the process of switching doctors. If anyone could help with my MRI that would be great. Impression: 1. Tendinopathy supraspinatus tendon....

Shoulder calcification [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with excrutiating pain behind my shoulder along my shoulder blade area. I went to the hospital first thing this morning and the doctor showed me my x-rays and said I have "calcification" on my shoulder joint. What does that mean? Do you have any tips...

Broken shoulder [ 0 Answers ]

?? when the humerus fractures at the shoulder, what changes occur that make it difficult or impossible to raise the arm??

View more questions Search