Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cici385 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 12:18 PM
    Beagle eating Poop
    All,

I have a beagle female and not only does she eat her own pooh, she's begun to go into the cat box and pull out the cat's pooh.

How can I stop this, and keep the cat using his box? I know of the stuff to put in her food to prevent her from eating her own, but the cat's stuff (along with the litter) is just terrible.

Thanks!:eek:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Hi, Cici,
    This is sometimes normal behavior.
    Here is a link with some good explanations:
    Stopping Dogs From Eating Poop
    Your dog may not be getting enough vitamins, nutrients, and minerals in the food. Try feeding a good brand of dry dog food, if not already. You can also try changing the food. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Still need help on my beagle pup [ 5 Answers ]

I am still having the same problems as before with my beagle... the kennel training for us has been hell... I thought dogs aren't supposed to pooh in their sleeping space and eating place?. is it just a phase pups go through when they pee when they haven't seen you in awhile?. im getting all kinds...

Eating cat poop [ 11 Answers ]

Some dogs that I know are eating cat poop. I've tried everything I can think of from supplimenting the diet, to keeping it away, to yelling, to sprays. I'm not sure what to do. I wonder what would draw a dog to cat poop?

Need help beagle [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 4 years old He has gotten very sick and I cannot afford to take him to a vet. He has become very tired won't eat and is drinking some water but not much .He is an outside dog he has had all his shots. I went and purchased some penecillin to see if that would help but his condition is not...

Puppy eating his own poop [ 21 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old black lab who eats his own poop and I cannot figure out why. Does anyone know why puppies do this? I try to keep him away from it but he is so quick sometimes! Is there something he is lacking in his diet? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search