Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bearsowner Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Akita male 11.5 yrs poop in house
    I have a male akita named Bear that started pooping in house about a year ago in another house after 10 years. Before that he would wait no matter how long. I had him checked by vet and muscles are fine. He seems to know what he is doing and will lay where he poops up against the wall. I removed carpet and cleaned and put new tile already and he found another place to lay and poop. He acts like he knows it is wrong and just does it anyway. At that time he got sprayed by a skunk and I don't think his old eye sight is quite as sharp either. He is folding one weaker back leg under and sitting on it getting stiff also. I am trying pain meds this week.
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Pain meds are a good idea. My Old English Sheepdog's legs aren't the best, and when didn't want to get up, she would just go where she was. Not to say that your dog's legs are bad or anything. Try that Dr. Frank's Joint Pain Relief for dogs and cats - I saw a noticeable difference in my dog when she got up and down

And if pain isn't the problem, maybe your dog is stressed out. I think any dog would be if that happened to it.

Try the pain thing still. This sounds like how my dog was... same scenario except different type of dog. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Neutered Male Sprays In House [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this male since 3 weeks old (fostered and adopted). He got neutered as soon as possible. He is now 6 years old. He enjoys being outside most of the day however when in the house, he sprays on the counter tops, dining table, and clothes. Why? He is neutered! Help!

Male cat in the house with new kittens [ 4 Answers ]

I have two cats a male who is fixed and a female who just had kittens. She just brought the kittens upstairs and I'm worried that the male may hurt them. The kittens are about 10 weeks old and have started to move around and explore the rest of the house. Up until now my boy would pretty much...

Male dog just started peeing in house [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that recently started. I have a Corgi mix about five years old. He was house trained before we got him at about age 1.5yrs. Up until recently, we've never had a problem with his peeing or pooping in the house. About a month ago, though, he got a serious intestinal...

My 4 year old dog still will pee or poop in the house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old Jack Russell / Rat Terrier mix. She is sweet as she can be, but she still poops and pees in the house. We house trained her when she was a pup, and she does use the bathroom outside. However, she will go out sometimes and then come in the house and go poop in a room. She...

Old Man Akita using House for toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, So I know that dogs don't like to be left alone, especially Akitas. However, our 10 year old akita has decided, especially since our baby was born nearly a year ago, that he's mad and is going to keep peeing and pooping in the house. He's seen a vet and there's nothing "wrong" with him...

View more questions Search