Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgregaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Puppy weight gain
    Hey there, I just recently adopted a Pit Bull mix from a local shelter. Due to her coming in as a stray, she is very thin and I was wondering if there were any ways to help her gain so she can be back to a healthy weight. Please let me know if there's anything I can do in addition from just feeding her the normal puppy food. Thank you
    askcal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 10:33 AM
    just a good daily exercise, like fetch, will help her regain her appetite, preferably in the morning.then feed her at least 3x a day and make sure she's dewormed regularly.if she doesn't consume her food properly, give her just light meals either in the morning or in mid day... and always make sure she gets her bath, even without soap or shampoo(unless she has skin disease or parasites).. these are all just based on my 6yrs experience of pit ownership, and a lifetime experience of dog ownership.. hope it helps.. and by the way, make sure she at least has a shot of DHLP(distemper, hepatitis,leptospirosis, parainfluenza, parvovirus) or 5 in 1 and after a year,give her another.do this annually.. I apologize by the way if won't understand what I just typed, I'm drunk... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gain Weight [ 6 Answers ]

Ok people I'm 19 and I weigh 120... I was worndering if there's Any quick way or what I need to do to gain weight... I would like to get to atleast145-150... How long would that take me?following the steps I need to take?

Dog gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

Can you help my doggain weight.. it's a pointer... though he eats a lot.. three meals a day.. mainly vegitarian.. but still le looks so lean.. evan stray dogs look better than him in size... though he is very active.. but I don't know where does all the food he eats go.. help me.. he is about 11...

Puppy Needs To Gain Weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a 9 month olde english bulldogge and he's a little to skinny. When we first got him from the breeder he had a parasite that we immediately medicated him for and he has been parasite and worm free for almost 2 months now. The vet said he is perfectly healthy but can afford to...

Puppy Weight Gain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My younger sister recently adopted a maltese puppy from the local dog pound, and then decided she didn't want him. I've taken him in but he doesn't feel very healthy. By that I mean he's very thin and a bit ribby, so I'd like him to gain a little weight. What are some good foods to give...

Weight gain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I just had my 6 month prenatal visit two days ago. I was a little surprised to hear my weight gain. Up until the 5th month I had only gained about 5-7 pounds. (started out at 120-125lbs)my fifth month I gained 6 pounds. And apparently this time I gained 9 pounds. I was shocked to have gained...

View more questions Search