Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apcphoto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Greyhound won't eat, drinks water only
    My greyhound won't eat, has been to the vet on IV for 6 days. They cannot give me an answer. We have brought her home . She only drinks water. No interest in any type of food. Normal weight around 58lb. Down to 47lb. Don't know what else to do.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Time for a second opinion. Take him to an animal hospital.. they tend to have the ability to perform more tests than the ordinary vet office
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 06:53 PM
    I agree.. time for a second opinion. How old is the dog, sex, any other issues (lethargic, bruising, vomiting, etc.)? Six days on IV with no diagnosis is unusual, in my opinion. Did they at least rule some things out? Have they done bloodwork, x-rays, etc?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does my Italian Greyhound have separation anxiety? [ 1 Answers ]

To start, me and my husband have had our dog for about 9 months now and he is 11 months old. He is very well house trained when we are at home with him, knows several tricks, etc. He's a great dog. We have a few concerns though. Let me start with his history a little. When we first got him...

My puppy drinks a lot of water [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy drinks a lot of water. I keep it out for him all the time, but if you fill the bowl he'll drink the whole thing and then continue it again if u refill it. Also when u go outside and its rained or raining he's more interested in drinking the water off the grass and leaves and such than...

Miniature greyhound, upset stomach... HELP. [ 5 Answers ]

We have a miniature greyhound that has a constant stomach problem, she will be fine for several days then all of a sudden she won't eat because her stomach is upset, sometimes she vomits, no diarrhea. We have taken her to the vet several times and he gives her a shot of "Pepcid" and then she is...

Italian Greyhound [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an Italian greyhound he is 8months. He is in a crate when I go to work in the morning from 8am to 1pm and doesn't urinate in his crate. My girlfriend comes home and walks him at 1pm he goes to the bathroom.When I get home at 4pm 80% of the time he releives himself on the floor.I don't...

Italian Greyhound Still Potty in Crate [ 6 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 month old IG is still pottying in the crate. Last night she seems to have to go poop for several hours and we tried many times to get her to go with no luck. We get up this morning and she has poop all of the crate. She is in the crate from 10:30pm to 7:30am and about 9am to 6:30pm....

View more questions Search