Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkburnell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
    My 4 year old dog still will pee or poop in the house
    I have a 4 year old Jack Russell / Rat Terrier mix. She is sweet as she can be, but she still poops and pees in the house. We house trained her when she was a pup, and she does use the bathroom outside. However, she will go out sometimes and then come in the house and go poop in a room. She also will pee on the carpet sometimes during the night and will not bark or go to the door and let us know she needs to go out. We just bought a brand new house and don't want the carpet stained. What should I do to help fix this?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 8, 2008, 11:51 PM
    I would suggest training her to use a pee pad during the night, or emergencies.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 09:55 AM
    I have a 6 year old Jack that has a mind of her own. She has her own room to go pee and poop in if she wants to. She will go outside when she's in the mood. I found that if I put down a thick clear plastic sheet on the floor first and then use washable old throw rugs that does the trick. I wash the rugs when needed. No sense trying to make her go outside in a snowstorm or thunderstorm or when it's minus 10 degrees when she can go inside instead. I essentially gave up long ago. I do keep taking her outside all the time though. That part has not stopped. But instead of having her take a big one where I'll likely step into it, having her own room has solved that problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old house with failing septic [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a house that is 3 years old, we had it built in 2004. My husband was raking the yard the other day & noticed a large wet spot w/an odor above our septic system. It appears that the leach field is failing. We have contacted our builder & explained the problem. He told us to find our...

Why does my one year old lab still poop in his crate? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one year old lab who still poops in his crate what do I do?:(

Two year old beagle just started to poop in her crate. [ 2 Answers ]

My two year old beagle has been crate trained since we adopted her at six months old. She recently started to poop in her crate! She has never seemed to mind being in her crate. When I let her in during the day that is where she goes and she will just lay in there with the door open. At night we...

18 year old driving my out of my house [ 3 Answers ]

I am living in total chaos right now and not sure what to do. I am in a blended family for the last 7 years. My spouse has 2 sons and I have 3 girls. Right now his 18 year old son has manipulated, lied and now completely disrespected me to the point that I now have completely removed myself from...

3 1/2 year old holds his poop for 4 days [ 1 Answers ]

My son and his wife have tried allowing their 3 year old to go at his own pace with potty training and for the first week everything went OK and then he told them he didn't want to go in the potty and wanted to wear a diaper again. Their pediatrician told them to wait and try again in a few weeks....

View more questions Search