Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thunder and Jessie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Dog with parvo
    I just got a new puppy seven days ago. His name is Thunder, he has a bad history of being neglected, therefore he did not receive the shot that prevents parvo. The shelter informed his brother (Greg) had parvo. We found Thunder to have it as well. After hospitalizing him they think he might be healthy enough to come home today. My question is, Will he be himself just yet, or will it take time till he is wild again?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2008, 05:03 PM
    He will have to have time to rebuild his energy. Please be prepared to let him have plenty of rest. I hope tHAT you have discussed with the vet how to prevent him from becoming reinfected.
    slatj0le Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 11:33 AM
    I have a 5 month doberman puppy who got parvo when he was 12 weeks. I thought he was going to die. The vet gave him a 50% chance of pulling through. He was at the vet and on an I.V. for 4 days. When he came home his appetite was at 100% that very day. It seemed as though he was never sick within a day or two. Good Luck - Hope the same holds true for you.
    rebeltequila Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2008, 02:58 PM
    It will take time he will be back on eating and such and seem fine but he'll be weak on the inside still you should put him on about 60ml of colloidal silver the stuff really works I've cured parvo with it lots of time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get dog to eat after Parvo [ 4 Answers ]

My dog was diagosed with Parvo one week ago. I took him to the emergency clinic for the weekend. Then on to the vet that Monday. He stayed on IV fluid and twenty kabillion blood tests to keep track of different things. Diag on Sat and started trying to drink on his own Tuesday morning. (Good...

I Just Lost My Puppy to Parvo.Will My Adult Dog Get Sick? [ 26 Answers ]

On the morning of Friday Feb. 9th we noticed that our 8 1/2 month old Shih-Tzu had thrown up during the night. We took him to the Vet that morning around 11:00 am. The vet said that he probably just had an upset stomach and a little gas. She gave him a shot for the nausea and prescribed him some...

Parvo [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had a dog with parvo... my new basset hound puppy has it we just found out today the breeder say that she didn't get it from there but we have only had the dog for 8 days and well she got sick on Saturday night. Also I have 2 other dogs at the house that aren't sick with parvo and one...

Should I risk takingmy puppy around a dog who just got over parvo? [ 8 Answers ]

My puppy is about 10 weeks old. He has not had his shots yet. My friends chris wants me to go and stay the weekend with him when he gets into town so that means that I need to take my dog with me. Well his room mates dog just got over parvo about a month ago. Should I take my dog over there. I mean...

Dog has parvo [ 10 Answers ]

We took my sons dog to the vet and she tested positive for parvo. The vet gave as some medicine for her told us to give us to give her gatorade to keep her hydrated,and just wanted us out of his office fast,he could careless if she lives or dies,he got his money,and they were cleaning around us as...

View more questions Search