Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisy27 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Blood in poop
    Hi, my golden got in to trash left on the ground. Old trash that was in a walmart bag. She uncovered it from the snow. I tried to get it from her but she took off running. She ate some of the bag with old food I guess in it. She puked it up on my bed this morning, the bag came up seems to be in the same piece. She had some poop on the floor with some blood in it. She seems to be acting normal, I just fed her food so I will wait to see if more blood comes out. If it does I will brind her to the vet immediately. Should I bring her in now?? Has this ever happened to any one's pet's? For some reason the vet's anserwering machine is all I keep getting, when I try to call.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:47 AM
    I had a dog once that ate a piece of clay pot... when he pooped there was blood in it. My niece had a dalmatian that ate foil and had bloody poop when she passed it. Both dogs turned out fine.. I would just make sure that your dog acted normal. Also I have seen on here that you can feed them bread in case of ingesting a sharp object... that is if you think the dog ingested a sharp object or broken item. Hope everything turns out OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Puppy with blood in poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Boston Terrier puppy, which has a little blood in his poop, he is current on all shots including parvo, the vet can find nothing wrong with him, does anyone have any answers?

Puppy with blood in poop [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean for my puppy to have blood in its poop and it is very runny?:eek: :eek: it's been like this for almost a month she had parvo but the vet treated it and said she be all right. Well she has been eating food regulary then the blood went a way for about a week or so and she has also...

Why is there blood in my puppys poop? [ 1 Answers ]

When my 8 week old jack russelpuppy goes toilet there is bloodin his poop, I've wormed him, what could be wrong as it doesn't seem normal??

Blood in poop sometimes [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I just got a silky, right now he's 10 weeks When we 1st got him, we've didn't have problems with him eattin or pooping I went to the pet store to get food, they said that I can know give him hard food.. so I did Then like 4 days lata he started to have some blood in his poop. So we gave...

View more questions Search