Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovemypets Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Dog limping
    I'm a new dog owner, and I have a 1 year old male rottie/lab mix about 60 pounds.
    He was running around the yard and now he's limping on his right rear leg. I don't see anything, there's no temperature and he has no swelling. Yet when he walks he lifts the leg up in the air as soon as stops. He does have a dewclaw, and seems to be licking that. Do I need to take him to the vet or can I wait overnight? Any suggestions?
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Mar 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
    I think it will be safe to wait overnight. If he is still favoring it tomorrow - I give your vet a call. Please do not give your dog any pain medications without the advice of a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Limping dog [ 7 Answers ]

My friend has a 10-year old bichon frise that started limping from one back leg about a week and a half ago. They have examined the leg thoroughly and dog doesn't react to having any pain, but when she gets put back on the floor, she starts limping again. The limping started when she was paying...

Limping of dog [ 1 Answers ]

My six year old female daschund has started limping. She limps with her left rear leg. The vet could not treat her. What could be the cause?

Limping dog [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for some thoughts here on when I should go to a vet and how long I should take a "wait and see" approach. Here's the background: Took Trinkett out to the Speed Alley fund-raiser (essentially a lure course they set up enclosed by that orange cyclone fencing) the greyhound adoption group...

Limping Dog [ 1 Answers ]

We acquired Max as an orphan by some new construction model homes (I've since decided this is a dog drop off zone). I thought he was an adult, as it turned out he was so young he hadn't lost a tooth even, and was already 37 pounds! He's now almost 2 - we have given him Halloween for a birthday...

Dog limping [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My dog has been limping and I checked his foot and it seems he has lost part of his nail. Can anyone suggest any in home remedies to treat it. He is not constantly bleeding but there is blood on the tip of his nail. It doesn't seem to be getting on the carpet but I don't want it to get...

View more questions Search