Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmaste00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 01:04 AM
    Beagles and Apartments
    I am a college student and my roommates and I want to get a dog. We are considering a beagle. The concern I have is that we will only be able to go back to our apartment every 3 or 4 hours to take it out and play with it. Will this be enough time? I know that beagles hate being alone, I wouldn't want to get a puppy and then it be lonely.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Ahhh beagles... suddenly popular after the Westminster Club win by a beagle this month...

Keep it in a cage when you are not there . Expect it to howl when you are not there for some time until it gets used to it's new environs.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Why do you want a dog at all? Can you and your roommates afford the care of that puppy? Vet bills, food, medicines, etc. Do you and your roommates have adequate time to take the puppy out for the walks and exercise? What about training? Potty training, obedience training, etc. Who will be responsible for that? Is the dog going to be owned by all or one? Who is the dog going to be primarily answering to, in terms of discipline and routine?

I would think twice and three and one more time before getting a pet. What happens to that puppy once you all graduate college? Or if one of you drops out and moves or just plain moves? A puppy deserves stability, routine, patience, quality time, and a whole lot more from an owner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do beagles smell? [ 12 Answers ]

I have recently decided to get a beagle puppy... there is just so much negative things I heard about them... Is is true that there is a certain smell on a beagle even is you are planning on housetraining it and not letting it go outside only to do his business? I also heard that they can be...

Foxtail in our Beagles nose! [ 2 Answers ]

Our 8 month old beagle puppy got a foxtail (or something) up her nose this morning! She was sneezing terribly, and there was even a small amount of blood in the mucus! She let us look for it, some, but beagles have that flap over their nostrils, and we were not able to retrieve it! Then she gave...

Basement apartments [ 2 Answers ]

Are Basement Apaerments Legal In New York City

Apartments [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been working on lowering our bills. Mine got paid off but he still has about 6,000 left. We absolutely HAVE to get an apartment in June and we are afraid we could only get 2,000 or 3,000 paid off by then. Our credit scores are in the low 600's. Does anyone know the...

Vaccines for newborn beagles [ 1 Answers ]

Wondering what age to vaccinate newborn beagle pups? Some say at 2 weeks and some say at 6 weeks. Also, what age to worm pups and which worms do we need to worm for? Thank you

View more questions Search