Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juicymills Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Why do I get a headache when I drink water?
    Whenever I drink water on its own it give me a headache and makes me feel sick.It's not like its too cold or I drink too much or anything it just makes me avoid it.It's really starting to annoy me because I would like to be able to drink water on its own!does anyone know if there is any reason for this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Do you drink a lot or water at once or just a little bit. This should not be happening to you with just drinking water. What happens when you drink fruit juice or soda or coffee?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
    I couldn't drink water because my taste buds were soooo use to Pepsi.
    Water, tea and coffee made me nauseous. The better your diet the easier it is to eat foods and drinks that your taste buds can't adjust to. I have been eating healthier and cut down on soda in the past two and a half months. Water doesn't make me sick to my stomach anymore.

Actually the colder the water the easier it is for me to drink.
    glennigogs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 08:44 AM
    I wonder if its because it washes toxins from your body into the bloodstream so you get headache until the body flushes these toxins out maybe?
    fatranga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 05:50 PM
    I get the same thing, I have orthostatic hypotension, which means I faint when I stand up too quickly due to poor blood circulation so my cardiologist told me I need to drink at least 2 - 3 litres of fluids in the morning and up my salt intake. Salt is easy because most people are told to eat less of it but the fluids are super hard to do, especially if I drink even like a glass of water I am almost curtain going to have a headache for the rest of the day, only thing getting rid of this headache is miagriane pain killers. Although if I drink poweraid in the morning I'm fine. I also decided I would have a few glasses of water before I went to bed last night. I could hardly get through the first because I could feel each sip was making my head hurt more and more. And I still have a headache this morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't drink water [ 9 Answers ]

My dog is 4 months old and he lost his first baby teeth last week and will only eat soft food, which is understandable, but now for the last 3 days he will not drink water. I had to start adding water to his food and make it like a gravy because he refuses the water completely. I can't afford to...

What type of water do you drink [ 30 Answers ]

Do you filter it (what do you use)?get bottle water(which ones do you get usually) ?or boil the water from the sink? Thanks.:)

Won't drink water at all [ 6 Answers ]

My dog had been throwing up. I have got that under control but now he won't drink any water. Usually that is all he does. I have tried ice cubes in and out of the water, flavored water, juice, pedialyte, the only thing he will do is eat popsicles. He is on the boiled chicken and rice diet. I am...

Do fish drink water? [ 2 Answers ]

My almost 5 year old daughter wants to know what happens to the water in her golfish bowl. She says the fish drinks it. I am not so sure.

Dog won't drink water [ 9 Answers ]

Yesterday I found a stray dog in the street. He didn't have a collar. My mom and I walked him over to the nearby vet and she came out and looked him over. She said he was about 6 years old and her and I both agreed he seems to look like a shepherd collie mix. He's just a sweet heart, but the...

View more questions Search