Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolike1 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Graying Golden retriever
    Abby just turned 3 years today. 4 months ago she started graying on her muzzle and around her eyes. This is my 6th Golden and none grayed or whitened until 10 or 11yrs. Is this a symptom of anything other than just gray hair?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:27 AM
    I have a little solid black pom mix and she has had gray around her muzzle since I got her at 1 year of age... everyone keeps telling me she is older because of that... but her teeth and attitude doesn't show that.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
    I'd generally say "no", but because it's unusual for your experience, it might be worth investigating. Since this doesn't seem like a medical emergency, you might want to see if you can find a golden retriever forum and post there and see if other golden owners have had this happen. Based on what you learn there, it might be worth seeing a vet.

Just as an fyi: black greyhounds are known for graying early. So maybe this golden is darker than the others you have had, so the grey shows more?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 09:54 AM
    That is way too early for a Golden to be graying. I would get her into the vet. Depending on what the vet thinks, some tests might show up something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Golden retriever pooping in her crate [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 4 month old Golden Retriever. She sleeps in a crate all night in our kitchen, doesn't soil or pee in it. She is fine during the day and cant' seem to hold it at night this past week. She got her rabbis shot and medication for deworming. We were told by our vet that diarrhea is normal...

Golden retriever acting abnormal [ 3 Answers ]

I have a golden retriver which is about 10 years old, it all started about a week ago when he stopped I guess responding, we would let him outside and he would just stand there looking from the back of the yard as we called his name (he was a dog that never liked to go out) but now he stands by the...

Golden Retriever looks sick [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago My wife and I found a Gold Retriever on the side of the road playing. This was a few miles from anything. We think he's a few months old. He has been really a good dog, not counting the usual puppy accidents. That was until this morning, we went out to feed him and he lost at...

Golden Retriever not eating... fussy? [ 2 Answers ]

:( Vegas, our golden retriever , has been sick. He will be 5 in August. He got sick over Memorial Day, he wasn't really eating. After a vet visit and blood test one vet said he had a thyroid problem and needs medication for it and we could see where to go from there. Well my husband wasn't too...

View more questions Search