Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Dec 22, 2005, 09:32 AM
    Am I being overly anal?
    Greetings,

As TKRussell suggested (strongly and rightfully so) I had a licensed electrician replace my main panel and run a sub-panel.

Now, I get to finish the R/I and finish electrical work. (Yippee! ) And, it will be (and has been) inspected.

BUTT,

I was wondering if I am being too anal on one item.

In the garage, I have the first opening as a GFI Duplex. It then goes out to power the outside light, exterior duplex (which will be a GFI as well) the other two duplex outlets (which includes the garage door opener) and the overhead lights as well.

In the sub-panel, I have this wired into a AFCI (Arc Fault Circuit Interuptor).

Is this being too Suspenders and Belt or does this make sense?

The reason I am doing this as I will be hanging stuff on the walls and just in case the wire didn't stay centered in the cavity when they foamed it, I don't want to nick a wire.

Thanks, Dan
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
    First you do not need to GFI protect your garage lights and overhead recepts, but if you wish to that is fine.

Second I wouldn't AFCI the garage. They are not reliable enough to count on. They are expensive. They have issues with various devices, fluorescent lights for one. And they are only required in bedrooms... or if you are here in NY the RCNYS (which is the actual code outside of NYC, calling the NEC a code is actually a misnomer) is not based on the most recent NEC and therefore does not require AFCI.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to heal anal fissure? [ 49 Answers ]

I understand that fissures in this area can take weeks to heal, but every time defecation occurs, the old wound is opened again. The only way to avoid reopening the wound is to not defecate and not eat, but it's impossible to avoid eating for weeks. Does anyone know if there anything that can be...

Anal sex? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok im not being disgusting or gross, im jus curious ok? U no wen ppl do anal sex does it hurt for the girl, and here's the gross part, doesn't shit cum out or summin out of the ass? Or can't the guy feel the shit wen the guy's ting is inside? Im so confused,?

What causes us to be overly attracted to people? [ 4 Answers ]

I just was wondering, what causes us to be overly, or a crueler wording, obessed with a person. There have only been two people in my life whom I have been deeply attracted too. I guess the symptoms would be the trembling in your stomach when your around them, you constantly thinking about them....

Overly Submissive Doxie Pup [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 month old neutered Doxie pup completely melts into the ground with limpness (face down) when I pick him up and it is a heartbreaking sight. Since he is from rescue, I don't scold or yell for any reason. Sometimes he urinates, sometimes not. I have had him 3 weeks now and his sister does NOT...

Anal Gland Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Eglish BullDog. Approximately 2 months ago we started to smell an odor coming from my dogs anal area. At first we thought it was just a bathing thing. Washing her every week did not cure the problem. Brought her to the Vet. He stated that it was her anal glands and that as long as...

View more questions Search