Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frauali Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Neglected dog. My neighbor leaves her dog locked in a cage all day while she is at
    Work, then comes home lets the dog out and locks the dog right back up again in her cage and she proceeds to go out until all hours of the night. I hear the dog moving around in the cage. I don't understand why she even has a dog, she doesn't spend any time with it. Besides dogs not being allowed in the units where I live she should have that dog taken away from her. The dog is a pitbull and just stays cooped up in the house all day/night, 95% of that time locked up in a cage. These poor neglected animals. Is there anything I can do to save this dog?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Yes, you can do something. Call the Humane Society if you have one. If you do not have one, call a pet shelter or even the sheriff's office or the police department. This dog deserves so much better. This treatment is inhumane. Call and make your complaint known.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 09:21 PM
    I would also complain to the apartment manager. If the dog is well fed, and the cage kept clean, the animal control people may have their hands tied.
    skyexyayx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 01:45 PM

Call somewhere like dogs trust , somewhere the dog will be looked after and loved . No animal should be locked up in a cage all day its cruel
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2010, 02:38 PM

Technically she is not abusing the dog, so a shelter or animal control might not do anything. If it is fed, has water, and shelter, they won't bother. Maybe she has a rental agreement stating she can keep the dog only if it is in a cage? Also if it is in her house how do you know it's never given attention..
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 16, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94 View Post
    Technically she is not abusing the dog, so a shelter or animal control might not do anything. If it is fed, has water, and shelter, they won't bother. Maybe she has a rental agreement stating she can keep the dog only if it is in a cage? Also if it is in her house how do you know it's never given attention..
    I doubt it. Her lease is up. The question is 3 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Noisy upstairs neighbor! With a dog, and no dogs allowed! [ 5 Answers ]

My upstairs neighbor is so loud. Hardwood floors, she walks like an elephant and not to mention she has a pitbull running around, barking, and fetching a ball upstairs which bounces along our entire bedroom ceiling. She is only a renting tenant, where as my fiancé owns the place we live in. ...

Dog pooping in her cage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old Silky who keeps pooping in her cage. We take her outside and wait a long time for her to go poop and never does. She will just do it in her cage. How do I get her to stop?

My dog barks all day and all night! [ 1 Answers ]

OK I have this dog and I have a doggy door so when I'm gone he can go when he wants. But when he's outside he barks and barks! And when he's inside if he hears someone in the house he will bark at them! :mad:so can I get some help!! :confused:

Neighbor slipped in Dog Poo-suing [ 29 Answers ]

Hello. My neighbor slipped in dog poo on her lawn last week and claims she has a "compressed fracture" and needs surgery and might be out of work 6-8 months. She said she still has the dog poop she slipped in and she is going to get DNA samples of the dogs in the neighborhood (she does not have a...

Dog started pooping in cage after 1 month [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this dog trianing thing. We bought a pug 5 weeks ago. He is 4 months old. The first month was perfect... no pee or poop ever in the crate. We this week he suddenly started to pee and poop in crate. The only thing I changed was his bed because he was eating the fur off the bed. ...

View more questions Search