Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmabbey Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
    My puppy drinks a lot of water. I keep it out for him all the time, but if you fill the bowl he'll drink the whole thing and then continue it again if u refill it. Also when u go outside and its rained or raining he's more interested in drinking the water off the grass and leaves and such than going potty. Its making housebreaking much harder
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
    My puppy drinks a lot of water
    Some puppies will drink more than they need. Try giving it a cupful of water every time it gets up from a nap. Then take the water up. That should be more than enough. It will need to go out in a few minutes.

I hope you read through the sticky before posting your question to it. You should not have been able to post to it. I must have forgotten to lock it the last time I updated it. I moved your question to its own thread.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 06:01 PM
    You haven't said how old your pup is. Just remember it is all new to him/her and drinking water may be a game. I have had my walker hound since five weeks old and she was like that and got most of the water in every place but her mouth! She was all ganglia, feet like plates and exhuberance. When she discovered her food every day it was the same thing, all over the place but I loved her to pieces.

Your pup will find a happy level and be all that you want him/her to be; just enjoy puppy time.

All that water going through little kidneys is a good thing, keeping his system where it should be. Just worry when he is not drinking water !
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Honestly, if he were my puppy I would make an appointment with a vet and make sure that he was healthy. That really seems to be an excessive amount unless it is really a small bowl. *edit* I failed to mention that I would know exactly how much water he was drinking in ounces and let the vet know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drinking a lot of water lately [ 2 Answers ]

I've been kind of thirsty lately, but only when I am bored. Like if I'm watching TV or reading a book I might feel thirsty. Mostly at night and when I wake up. I've always been a water drinker and I'm very healthy. I thought maybe this might be diabetes, but I have no other symptoms. I don't...

When my boyfriend drinks [ 5 Answers ]

When my boyfriend drinks he gets threatening, today he tried to kidnap my dog, he locked himself in the bathroom with a knife to threaten suicide, he took 200 dollars from me. This is just one day, he does these things every time he drinks but when he is sober he is nice as can be, what would you...

My Dad Drinks A lot! [ 3 Answers ]

My dad has always had drinks at parties and functions but now he drinks alone, and on random days. The good thing is that he has never hit anyone because of his drunkness. When I try to talk to him about it he just gets mad and doesn't want to talk about it. His drinking has not affected his job...

Partner drinks too much [ 1 Answers ]

My partner works sleeps and drinks. then verbally abuses me when he gets in. He says its all my fault Any similar sits. and what did you do I have two kids teenage. this has been going on for years and I put up with it.

Energy drinks [ 7 Answers ]

Energy drinks. Hi I went to trader joes the other day and was looking for Propel the energy drink, or at least that's what I call it. The clerk said I was better off drinking red bull for a good energy replacement. He said that the Propel has synthetic chemicals in it that aren't good for me. Any...

View more questions Search