Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kthacker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Newborn pups with fleas
    What safe treatment can be used when newborn pups have fleas? The mother has been treated but do not know what to use for the puppies. They are 5 days old.

Thanks
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 08:22 AM
    As far as I know there is nothing recommended for flea control on puppies that young. Might ask your vet?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Go to walmart,petsmart... etc, buy a fine toothed flea comb and sit and comb them a couple of times a day, have a bowl/cup of soap and water on had to flick them in... this may not get rid of themall,but it will keep them at bay until you can put flea products on them. Also there are many health benefits to spaying and neutering your anmals. Spaying/neutering also helps relieve the burden on already over run shelters and rescues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas on newborn puppies [ 10 Answers ]

My dog has 5 day old puppies. There is a growing flea problem. Can I treat these puppies at this age? Can I treat the nursing mother?

Newborn Puppies with Fleas, PLEASE help [ 6 Answers ]

My Jack Russell Terrier just had her first set of 3 healthy male puppies. They are only 2 weeks old, and their eyes have just now began to open. They have a MAJOR flea problem. I know all puppies have fleas but I mean its so bad I end up flea combing 20 off at a time and many more, and I flea comb...

My newborn puppies have LOTS of fleas! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm Jasmine and my dog just had her first litter of puppies three days ago, 8 little puppies, but they are all infested with fleas!! I feel absolutely aweful, if I sit near them I can see all of the fleas crawling. I was wondering if there is anything I can do for them right now? Because I...

My 17 day old pups have fleas and I need home remedies. [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a rescued full blooded female Shih Tzu and was told she had never been in heat and would still be awhile before she came into heat.. And the people who gave me her penned her with a Mini Dashound Male. Well they did not know she was pregnant when we got her and we didn't know she was...

What ARE these pups? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We've recently taken in two puppies that were dropped off on a friend's doorstep. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what the mix might be. These pictures are both of the girl (they look very similar.) I've had pit bull suggested, but we're really not sure. Is there any way to tell...

View more questions Search