Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davehamster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Why won't he stop crying?
    My son is two next week and until a couple of weeks ago was perfectly well behaved and then he has suddenly changed. He won't go to bed, he just stands in his cot and screams, I have tried going to him and trying to soothe him and then leaving the room but he continues to scream. It is now a challenge to get him into the carseat whilst trying to avoid being kicked, He throws a tatrum whilst in the supermarket, If he is told off for any reason he just bursts in to tears. I am at my wits end as I can't understand his change in behaviour and I don't know what to do. His doctor has said there is nothing physically wrong with him. Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated...
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Could he have experienced or seen a traumatic event that you are not aware of?
    Or it could be"just kids", Terrible Two's. It was given a name for a reason. Good Luck,
    Don't let the tears get you. I think some of them are great actors. Hang in there.
    Don't give in to the crying, and don't let them see you laugh.
    They are learning what works. Hey, he will be three soon. Day care helps.
    Good Luck/Take Care
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 20, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    Could he have experienced or seen a traumatic event that you are not aware of?
    Or it could be"just kids", Terrible Two's. It was given a name for a reason. Good Luck,
    Don't let the tears get you. I think some of them are great actors. Hang in there.
    Don't give in to the crying, and don't let them see you laugh.
    They are learning what works. Hey, he will be three soon. Day care helps.
    Good Luck/Take Care
    It could be any of those things. Is he always with you. Has he been with some one or someplace away from you. Find out if he has seen or experienced something out of the ordinary.
    And it could be terrible twos. I don't know, my daughter never went through that. She never went to day care either, was home with me until she went to school. But if there is nothing wrong, then just don't give in to the tantrums. You are the parent, the adult. You always have the control
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Welcome to the Terrible two's:D

I'm sure if doctor says everything is fine, you have nothing to worry about.

It gets better, I promise...

Good luck.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 06:58 PM
    After three kids, including a set of twins, and two grandsons, I have experienced the terrible twos a few times. Add colic to the mix and let the fun begin.

I believe he is trying to assert himself in the one way he knows that works.

I agree with Homegirl, you need to maintain control, gently but firmly. Do not give in, once you do he wins, and the little buggers are much smarter than anyone gives them credit. Stay patient, keep a low voice, and, sometimes ignoring them is the best method of letting them know they are not getting to you.

Your right AKae, it does get better, all of mine told me when they got to be about 22, hey dad, your right! Until then, jeez.
    JamieLynn Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Its just terrilble twos. If he throws a fit just let him cry it out. Eventually he'll learn that crying isn't going to get him whatever he wants

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't stop crying at night [ 9 Answers ]

Every night when I go put my 1 yr old mix in his cage he will start to cry when all of the light go off. I would give him a bone and that works for a little while then he will go back to crying. After about 30min has passed he would fall asleep. Is there something wrong with him or is he just...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

New puppy won't stop breathing weird. Won't poop either. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy yesterday afternoon. He's 8 weeks old, and came from a farm. We brought him home, and the whole time he was breathing weird, like he's grunting. He slept throughout the night OK, but when I got up and took him outside, he peed but was whimpering the whole time. (I think that...

Why won't it stop [ 2 Answers ]

After having my son my I breast fed for about 3 months but I didn't get my period till he was about 8 months old then I got pregnant again!! Now my daughter is 10 months old I have been bleeding not too heavy barely anything maybe since the middle of January, why?? It will go away for maybe a day...

Why can't I stop crying for this jerk [ 2 Answers ]

2nd cheater in 2 years -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I seem to attract cheaters or look likea doormant. My first one was a Minister and went back to his wife along with me and another woman. I found him out and was enraged, left him and got...

View more questions Search