Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princess0420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Pit bull weight gain
    I have a pitbull puppy that is 5 mouths old. I can't get him to gain any wieght. He is so skinny. ( bony skinny) he eats reg. puppy food ,but still not gaining any weight. What could I feed him to help him bulk up?:confused: :confused:
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 19, 2007, 12:03 PM
    See the last post made by labman in this thread

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/d...t-17943-2.html
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
    I would take him to the vet to make sure he doesn't have a health issue, like liver problems etc. If he gets a lot of exercise, maybe he is burning a lot of it off. Do you leave a food dish out, or only feed him at certain times? I would ask the vet to run some tests, if he thinks it is appropriate. Hope he is OK!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:40 PM
    The only thing I have to add to my last post in the other thread is the one case I left out of the sticky. If anotherwise healthy dog is too thin, and will eat more, give it more. For one reason or another some dogs seem to need more chow than the package recommendations. They are only starting places. As I say in the sticky, evaluate your dog, and adjust the food as needed. As long as it is healthy, if that means half as much, or twice as much, go ahead offer it to the dog. Back in 2001, I was wondering if Pro Plan had cheapened their chow since I was having to give Lucky about 6 cups, where in the past other similar dogs did fine on 3-4. Since I have had fed 3 more Labs and a Shepherd the Pro Plan, and they did fine on the usual 3-4 cups as well as many other dogs I know.

So as long as he is healthy, feed him what he needs to maintain ideal body condition as in the link. Don't push him beyond what he wants in exercise. You only have one chance to build a sound dog.
    cute_evil Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Sep 25, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Go to this site and get this recipie it works! Recipe for Satin Balls

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pit Bull Insurance [ 11 Answers ]

I just got a pit bull and I know she would be covered under house insurance but that is my problem that house I live in does not have home insurance. Is there an insurance that I can get that just covers my dog. I found one site the other day but I have not been able to find it again and even if I...

Pit weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

What can I feed my pit (or a supplement) to gain weight? Please don't answer, "Go to the vet"!

Pit bull puppys [ 8 Answers ]

We have 2 pit bull puppies, 2 doors up. That are somewhat nelgected. They are around 4-5 months old a male and female. Female is looking kind of skinny. The boy seems to be picking on her. He is growling and biting her. I hear this every morning around 0730 at feeding time also I see him fighting...

7 year old pit bull [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My name is Brad and I'm new here. I have a question about my 7 year old pitbull. He is in heat because we have a 9 month old girl who just started her period. My question is. What do I do if my dog will not eat while in heat? I know the vet is the best thing to do but I just had spine...

New Pit Bull won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I just rescued a beautiful Brindle Pit Bull. He is about 2 yrs old. I brought him home last night, he didn't eat then I thought because he was new to our family. He had been mistreated. Today he fits in like he has been here for years, playing with the kids wagging his tail and having a ball....

View more questions Search