Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tla23t Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Dog with bloody diarrhea
    My beagle is vomiting, has bloody diarrhea, is drinking water but is not eating. What could be wrong?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Tla, without being able to examine him online, no one here can give you an absolute answer as to what illness your dog is suffering from. If he is a pup, it could be parvo virus, which can be fatal. When a pet is not eating, vomiting, has diarrhea, he needs treatment ASAP. It is time to call your vet. Your dog needs help from a qualified professional who can diagnose and treat his problem. Please do not wait , and post back to let us know what the vet said and how your dog is doing.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:01 AM
    BTW, I just noticed you posted a question yesterday regarding your dog. It appears the symptoms have gotten worse. You need to get him to a vet TODAY. Please keep us posted as to what the vet says. I am very worried.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:07 AM
    RubyPitbull is right. Get him to the vet today. Hind sight may or may not show you should have last night.

Sep 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
    I took him to the vet today and it is Parvo. They are keeping him over night. They said he might not make it. When I called to check on him I was told that he has gotten worse and that it's almost as if he were in a coma. I will let you guys know after I call then in the morning. Thanks!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Oh tla, I am so sorry to hear this. We have been seeing a number of people here whose dogs have contracted parvo. It is heartbreaking. It is one of those viruses that doesn't discriminate and it can happen at any time to any dog. My thoughts are with you.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:48 PM
    At least a 7 month old has far more resources to fight the disease than a 7 week old. I am very sorry I didn't insist you took him to the vet Sunday night.

Sep 12, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Well he passed away. They did everything they could but nothing worked. I'm just glad he's not in pain anymore. Thanks
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:49 PM
    I am very sorry to hear that. I don't think the symptoms it had Sunday night really justified an emergency visit to the vet. Not every sick puppy has parvo and often by 7 months, their shots protect them. Then Monday it was too late.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Parvo's symptoms don't always show up until it is too late. I am so sorry this happened to your dog tla. You are right labman, usually by 7 months, most dogs are out of the woods.
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Parvo's symptoms don't always show up until it is too late. I am so sorry this happened to your dog tla. You are right labman, usually by 7 months, most dogs are out of the woods.
    A lot would depend on when the puppy had its last parvo vaccination's. If they were not repeated every 3 to 4 weeks until the age of 5 months then the mothers anti-bodies may have prevented the vaccine from working. I am not suggesting that this puppy didn't get all the care it deserved, but it is also important for folks to know that puppies need multiple vaccinations for a reason. I see people everyday with young dogs who have gotten their initial shots from the breeder and then been to the vet one time. The vet isn't trying to make extra money by bringing you back in every few weeks with the puppy, it needs these additional boosters.
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
    You are right Mr P, but I just didn't think bringing all that up would be appreciated by tla at this point in time.
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    You are right Mr P, but I just didn't think bringing all that up would be appreciated by tla at this point in time.
    While I agree and feel very sorry for tla (truly sorry). Hopefully the post will maybe save a puppy somewhere in the future. And once again tla, I truly feel your pain over this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bloody poop [ 3 Answers ]

My dog has been urinating in the house for the past few days. Today there was dark red blood all over her poop. Is this something serious? Is she in danger? What should I do?:confused:

Bloody nose [ 1 Answers ]

I've always gotten bloody noses, especially in the winter, so its no supprise to me, but the last two days, I've gotten really bad ones. The first time, I was driving down the highway, and it started, so I grabbed a tissue... no big deal. It instantly filled my nose though, and went down into my...

Bloody Solution [ 4 Answers ]

Is blood a solution? solution= solute + solvent it seems like there are two answers to the question, but I have no firm grasp of which is more correct.

Bloody diarrhea [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum...

Bloody Sperm? [ 2 Answers ]

Can blood mix with sperm? Or is it normal for sperm to change to a light red color suddenly? About Two weeks ago I poked a tiny hole in my nut with a nail after jumping on my bed and four days ago I notice pink colored sperm while ejaculating. Does masturbating everyday cause pink colored sperm,...

View more questions Search