Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie35171 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
    8 Week old sick puppy
    I hve a miniature pincher mixed with a beagle. She weighs 3lbs. She hasn't eaten in two days. She has been vomiting and has diarrhea. I get her from the humane society and Im afraid she has or might be getting parvo. What should I do to get her to drink or eat something?
    Becca74 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
    you can always take her to the vet if nothing helps...other wise try some softer food thats easier on her stomach if she still does not eat you should check with the humane society to see what her past life was like and then take her to the vet
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie35171
    I hve a minature pincher mixed with a beagle. She weighs 3lbs. She hasn't eaten in two days. She has been vomiting and has diarrhea. I get her from the humane society and Im afraid she has or might be getting parvo. What should I do to get her to drink or eat something?
    At her age, not eating or drinking for two days, along with vomiting and diarrhea are serious causes for concern. Your guess of parvo may be a good one. I wouldn't try to second guess what is going on, your pup needs medical attention. You need to contact your vet immediately. Vet's usually have someone on call, on the weekends and holidays, in case of emergency.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 04:58 PM
    If it is parvo, the sooner she is under a vet's care, the more likely she is to survive.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 4, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Agreed, Parvo is a life threatening condition. The problem with a combination of vomiting and diarrhea is dehydration, and a puppy can be affected by this much easier than a larger dog.. Get her to the vet...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

4 week old puppy lethagic and sick.what's wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

My chihuhua/z- zu had a liter of two, a boy and a girl. The girl was born two times the size of the boy but now the boy has grown to double the size of the girl. She started to become lethargic and wasn't eating from the mom, so I bought her formula last Thursday. She was eating regularly until...

My 8 week old kitten is sick [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 month old, 2 lb. kitten's white eyelids are half closed, he is lethargic, and isn't covering his pee or poop in his litter box. This has persisted for 1 day and I will take him to the vet tomorrow if he's the same or worse. He feels like he's got a fever but was just checked out at the vet's...

Sick 17 week old kitten [ 7 Answers ]

Our 17 week old kitten is still trying to nurse on his mother since she now has a 3 week old kitten as well. This morning he was OK, tired but OK but now he is weak and breathing a little hard. He is drinking water from a syringe when we give it to him and seems to be a little better afterwards,...

Sick for almost a week! [ 1 Answers ]

OK I am 15 years old. Since Thursday.. I haven't been feeling to good. I felt sick to my stomach. I get hot flashes and what not. Diarrea also. Then, you know the feeling when your stomach growls? Well I feel something in my stomach like its stomach acid or SOMETHING but I hear it gurgle-...

Help my 2 week only kitty is sick [ 1 Answers ]

My newborn kitten is not running around like usual. He barely moves and only rolls. He is not drinking anything. He has had diarrhea for days. This morning he is worse. What should I do?

View more questions Search