Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pitterpat831 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Female dog suddenly urinating in the house
    I adopted a 4 yr old female beagle approx 4 months ago. She had been a strickly outside dog but now she's inside and since bringing her to my house, she's always done her business outside with no direction from me. Just recently she started urinating (no defecating) on the pergo floor on the way to the patio where I let her out. She usually does it sometime during the night but I caught her once during the day. I started putting her water bowl up at night to see if that would work but to no avail. She also just started "scooting" and I know what that is and will be taking her to the vet today to rectify that problem. Can the blocked anal sacs be causing the inside urination?? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2007, 10:43 AM
    I wouldn't think so except that when you are uncomfortable due to something else, it makes it harder to hold it. Could be a UTI too. Tell the vet everything and let him use his experience and training.

I am expecting the vet to find and treat something correcting the problem. Whether he does or not, you can be ahead of the curve by starting to give her the leadership she needs. The key to most behavior problems is approaching things using the dog's natural instincts. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position, Letting your dog know you are the boss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog urinating in their crate [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11 month old chocolate lab puppy who is with me most of the time, but when I need to leave home in his crate he urinates in it and rolls around in his own urine. How do I get him to stop urinating in his crate? I don't know if it is the type of crate the I use or that he just gets mad at...

3 year old dog suddenly pee/pooping in the house! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know WHAT to do about this. I've had my dog for 3 years now, ever since she was 8 weeks. I house trained her as soon as I got her, and she got the hang of it right away. She's been so good about it for the past 3 years. However, in the past 2 weeks, she's suddenly been peeing and...

Our dog is urinating on our beds? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 12 month old dog who is urinating on our beds. He has been fixed and this problem actually started after he was fixed. We are constantly keeping our doors closed, but the one time it's open he gets in. We have tried many different things and it's not helping. Is there anyone else who...

My dog is urinating inside the house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 1 1/2 years old labrador retriever. We have him since we were a 4 months puppy. He started his training when he was 8 months. He is a good dog but he has some behaivor problems. Over the last couple of months he has been urinating in some specific places in the house, like...

Dog Urinating [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 3-1/2 years old. He is a inside dog and has been house broken. All of a sudden he has been peeing in the house. He is let out 5 to 6 times a day and some times more. I don't understand why he is doing this. Nothing has changed here. Only him. I need help!!

View more questions Search