Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Cover tennis courts with dirt and plant grass?
    I've got a double tennis court that needs to be gone. The price for removal is absolutely ridiculous ($15-20,000). It is horribly cracked throughout.

I'm considering dumping a bunch of dirt on it to make a hill then plant grass. I know the drainage will not be perfect, but do you think I could get away with it if I made sure that I did some additional breaking up of the asphalt?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Ohhhhhhh... Mr. Rich Guy and his tennis court are on the outs. Is it taking up valuable room on your estate?

No, I have nothing to add other than bad humour. :D
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Haha, no. It's the eyesore of the apartment community I run. Look how nasty it is. And haha again, the kidney shaped thing used to be a pool. I jackhammered the bottom of it and filled it in. I think I'll do a japanese garden type thing in that area :)

All that pool did was cost big bucks and attract partiers.
    Attached Images

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Well done with the pool, it looks like a planned walking path.

As for the courts, yea you could put a mound there to protect against the hard surface below but I agree with your previous comments about drainage. If a downpour came down which way would the water run?
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:58 AM
    I'd make the hill run along the lower edge of the court so that any drainage that did not go down would go back to the treeline at the top of the courts.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 10:15 AM
    With the continual fight to keep the grass from taking over a driveway, go for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indoor Tennis Courts [ 3 Answers ]

What are the typical building dimensions (minimum) to house a single tennis court for practice purposes. Please include height requirements.

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

Lower courts [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out the history of a case that went to the US Supreme court. I'd like to locate the where the initial case was filed and be able to trace it up to the US Supreme Court. I'm look specifically for Reno v. ACLU. Is there a website (besides FindLaw.com) that could provide this...

Wife had daughter taken by courts [ 1 Answers ]

My wife had sole legal custody of her daughter from the state of NY. The state took her daughter from her and she lost all custody and received just barley visitiation. They took her on the following grounds: We got married and moved because I am in the Army, they said that she should have known...

Grass like plant [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn has died and I am looking for a grass like plant which does not require watering but instead gets the moisture from the humid air. I live in south Florida and the plant/grass should grow a year round. It should also be able to handle direct sunlight staying green. Would you have any...

View more questions Search