Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawn.te Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 11:00 PM
    Dog suddenly going potty
    My 3 yr. old lab mix got her vaccination boster today, and tonight she suddenly went pee in the house, all over before we noticed it. A reaction to the shots or coincidence?
    senator Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 11:57 PM
    Potty
    Any time an animal is given a vaccination or medical treatment and shortly after begins to have off the wall behavior such as this, suspect it is a reaction of some sort. Better to be safe than sorry.

:confused: I really have never seen that reaction to shots, usually if it is an allergic reaction it would result in a breaking out and very itchy skin.

If the behavior is still going in the morning, call the vet right away and explain what is happening. Even if the dog has returned to normal, call the vet and run this behavior by them. It would be good to know for future shots.

It is possible that the animal was upset over getting the shots and was getting even with you. Perhaps there was a bit more pain or irritation than usual if the dog has had these shots in the past with no problem. If a rabies shot was administrated, that goes into muscle and although normall it is hardly noticed, it is possible the animal was sensitive to the jab this time.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2005, 06:43 AM
    It is hard to say what is happening. You may need to keep a close eye on her being quick to let her out if she needs to go if she does have a physical problem.

At 3 years old, her personality is in the final stage of maturing. As they mature, they sometimes challenge your status including by eliminating in the house. If you haven't obedience trained her, or did not follow a good program, now might be a good time. The dogs see all the
    People and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in
    The pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members
    Outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by
    Reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class
    Or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with
    A treat. Start at http://www.dogsbestfriend.com/.
    shawn.te Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2005, 07:40 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I will call the vet this morning.

We just finishd up a 5 week training course, so obedience is not the issue, she's a very good/smart dog, who is normally very good in the house, so this was very odd.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old dog suddenly pee/pooping in the house! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know WHAT to do about this. I've had my dog for 3 years now, ever since she was 8 weeks. I house trained her as soon as I got her, and she got the hang of it right away. She's been so good about it for the past 3 years. However, in the past 2 weeks, she's suddenly been peeing and...

AC compressor/Fan suddenly not working [ 4 Answers ]

Our AC suddenly stops working. It's fan inside runs continuously, but the outdoor unit (compressor/fan) stops running. We tried switching on/off the circuit breaker, changing the air filter, yet nothing works. We were told that it can be some pressure buildup on the compressor, and there is...

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

Track lighting suddenly not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton bay track lighting unit that has been installed and operating properly for 8 years. It gets it's electric freed from a nead-by ceiling fan. Earlier we switched the juice on and all 5 of the bulbs stopped working at once. The odd thing is the ceiling fan, which is in the same...

Suddenly - no hot water out of shower [ 1 Answers ]

All of a sudden the upstairs shower stopped getting hot water (or, stopped showering hot water). Even if you run the water for a while with the shower thingy pointed to "Hot" no hot h2o cometh. Sink next to shower gets hot fine. Any suggestions? Can I fix this myself? Ta! :eek:

View more questions Search