Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimleon Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Blood in poop sometimes
    Hey, I just got a silky, right now he's 10 weeks

When we 1st got him, we've didn't have problems with him eattin or pooping

I went to the pet store to get food, they said that I can know give him hard food.. so I did
    Then like 4 days lata he started to have some blood in his poop. So we gave him wet food again.. its like ever other poop he does he bleeds not a lot its not mixed in the blood its like he bleeds then poops, or poops then bleed, and its always a little, is it just something not doing thur rt? Or should I be worried?
    zypexblade Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Hey I'm a vet in training is a silky a dog? I think it is as there is a breed of og called that I think it could have an intestinl ulser that is bleeding please take whatever it is to your vet right away thanks

Joe
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Blood in the stool can have many causes, but hard, dry? food isn't one. Since some of the causes can be serious, yes see the vet, a good idea with any new puppy. Take the medical records you should have gotten with you and let your vet set up a schedule of immunizations. Also discuss flea and heartworm remedies. Plan to stick to a dry chow. They are better for a dogs teeth and jaws. I also find them easier to control portions to maintain proper weight.

A vet is on my list of essentials for a puppy starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Note, Kimleon, Zxpexblade, the proper response to posts you think are attacking somebody is to use the Report inappropriate post button. I have seen posts zapped within minutes of being reported. Lots of good reading in the FAQS and rules here. Welcome. We have a forum for introducing yourself at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/introductions/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy with blood in poop [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old poo-tzu, lstnight he woke up to go to the bathroom more than usual. This morning I noticed his poop was kind of runny, and looked like there may be some blood in it. Anyone know why this could be happening?? :confused:

Poop in puppy blood [ 3 Answers ]

We just got us a 90 day old lab and all she wants to do is lay around. What could make her poop blood when she really hasn't ate anything?

My puppy had blood in her runny poop [ 1 Answers ]

What would it be caused by? Is it serious or fatal:confused:

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I [ 4 Answers ]

My four month old puppy has blood in his poop? I assume this is abnormal. What should I do? What could this mean ?

View more questions Search