Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daidkb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 12:42 AM
    My 24lb dog stopped eating, she was throwing up so I took her to the vet
    My dog CoCo started throwing up everything she would eat Thurs. 25th Nov this continued till I took her to the vet that Monday Nov 29th. The vet gave her a shot to settle her stomach examined her said she did not have any infection or temperature and sent home some pills (he said it was the same stuff as the injection), she stopped eating after we came home from the vet, it is Dec 2nd now what? I tried to offer her anything and everything she loves and she just turns her head away. I am worried my vet does not seem to be? Help!

PS: She drinks water, but not as much as she did...
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2010, 04:02 PM

Looks like time for actual diagnostics. Head back to the vet, they should run bloodwork..
    daidkb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Took Coco back to the vet, we saw a different one who ran blood test, her liver is failing, some of the numbers were so high the machine returned an out of limit error the others were 5 times what they should be. The vet wants to hospitalize her and do antiviral treatments but offer little hope of success, my wife has her own health issues and this has already cost me several hundred dollars, needless to say I am very sad...
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2010, 04:21 PM

:( I'm sorry.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 07:11 AM

I am so sorry to read this. It's never easy making that decision. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is throwing up white foam and I can not afford a vet [ 29 Answers ]

My cat is almost 4 years old we recently brought a dog home , right now money is itght and can not afford a vet bill but hehas been throwing up white foam like stuff and not eating or drinking anything what can I do to help him fel better and get some fluids in him!

Puppy throwing up I cannot afford a vet visit! Is there a way I can fix this [ 5 Answers ]

My 9month old puppy keeps throwing up. Iam scheduled to get his shots on Sunday but he really isn't the same as before He started having diarrhea last night and stopped eating this moring. He's lethargic and His stomach pulses when he's gagging to vomit. Is there any way or anywhere that I can...

My puppy stopped eating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 yr old lab collie mix puppy she normally eats a whole bowl a day fine but in the last week or so she's stopped eating. I'm lucky if she"s eaten a whole bowl all week. I'v tried mixing dry and wet food, mixing dry food and an egg, mixing dry food and table scarps, today we started taking...

MY DOG IS NOT EATING! I've taken her to the vet and they cannot find anything wrong? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi can someone please help me my dog (staffy x Boxer) who's 6-7 years old is not eating her dog food and hardly eats any other food.she usually loves her food and will eat almost anything. She's lost weight and is starting to get skinny. I've taken her to the vet a couple of days ago but they...

View more questions Search