Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammyammy99 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2010, 11:00 PM
    Why is my cut throbbing and when will it heal?
    I had a huge zit on my face 4 days ago so I popped it and once I did, it didn't feel like everything was out of it but the more I squeezed just a clear liquid came out. I woke up the next morning and my face had a scab on it but it still felt like there was some puss inside it so I started picking it even more. Now, I have a big cut on my face that is sort of scabbing over but underneath it my face is just throbbing and it hurts to touch. Why is it doing this and how long do you think it will take to heal? Any ideas on how to make it go away faster because I have an event coming up in a couple days that I need my skin clear for! Thank you
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Jul 17, 2010, 05:44 AM

You popped your zit and once the pus stuff was gone and the clear liquid was coming up that's a sign that you needa stop squeezing, which you did. When you removed the scab and resqueezed the area you exaserbated the problem by creating another issue, essentially you created a (boo-boo) on your face. You're not the only person to have done this to yourself! It's a pain in the butt but you needa wait it out till it HEALS. If you don't have oily skin I would recommend that you put a good layer of quality face cream on it or even vasoline before bed. You want the scab to fall off and heal itself before your event, right? The worst issue you'd have to deal with is a very pink blemish where the scab used to be... and you can always use cover up to hide that. The scab needs to hurry and fall off... that's the biggest issue. (p.s: vasoline is a great way of helping to heal pink/red blemishes, in my experience). Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Throbbing Kidneys [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. my kidneys have been throbbing daily on and off for the past 6 months. All blood tests and urine tests come out normal. Last year I had an ultrasound for my gallbladder but they also did my kidneys and all was fine.. 2 months later, my gallbladder had to be taken out. I don't trust the MRI...

Throbbing kidney pain [ 1 Answers ]

I recently started having painful urination. The painful urination went away, and then I started to have throbbing, pulsating pain in my flank area. The flank pain switches from the right side, to the left side. Sometimes it affects both sides. (The pain when I urinate comes and goes.) If I have to...

Throbbing pain on one side of mouth [ 2 Answers ]

I have been experiencing mild pain for the last three days while eating, but at 4.30 this morning I woke up with a throbbing pain on the right side of my mouth, I have had 4 nurofen plus so far and now it is just a dull ache, I am on holidays away from home and it's a Sunday, I go to the dentist on...

Terrible Throbbing Pain [ 3 Answers ]

It started just a few hours ago, but it's driving me crazy. The entire left side of my mouth, top and bottom are super-sensitive and THROBBING- at first it was just in my front teeth on top, now I feel it all along the top and bottom on the entire left side of my mouth. On top of the throbbing...

Throbbing After Having Crown Placed Back On. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Back in march I had to have a root canal done on my back two teeth on the lower left side of my mouth. I believe those are my molars. Naturally I had to have crowns put on each of them then. Everything was fine and I never had any issues with them until just before Xmas my very back one...

View more questions Search