Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    braider27 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Weight loss
    If you're calorie counting?
    How do you know how much to count? Total calories?
    Count calories per serving? Which?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 02:47 PM
    It is more than counting calories per serving as a serving of broccoli has less calories than a serving of chuck steak. But you knew that. Also you need to calculate your BMR, which is not hard to do.

There are some online helps for learning how to count calories:

Calorie Calculator - Calorie Counter and Fat Calculator To Count Calories and Fat Grams in Your Diet.
    Weight Loss - BMR - How Many Calories Should I Eat - How to Calculate Caloric Needs - Basal Metabolic Rate Forumla
    How Many Calories Should I Eat - How to Calculate Caloric Intake - Count Calories to Lose Weight - Losing Weight by Cutting Calories 2
    Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program

This is to a free online diet and exercise journal: Calorie Counter - Free Online Diet Journal
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:13 PM
    All I know is when I was on a diet it was 1200 calories a day.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Count the calories for one serving, if you can figure out how much your eating, like if a portion is 3 ounces of steak, look up what the calories are for that 3 oz portion. To count calories correctly, you'll need to be really paying attention to serving sizes. If the bag says 9 chips are 200 calories, you need to eat 9 chips, otherwise, start adding on more calories. The most important part of watching your calories is Portion Control, smaller portions, read nutritional labels,most foods tell you exactly how much of their product one serving is, stick to it and don't go back for seconds, if your counting calories. Also counting calories won't do you any good if your eating the wrong foods, fried, fatty, fast, sugary, salty foods are the wrong calories no matter how perfect the portion size.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 07:36 AM
    With my weight loss, I watched calories and fat grams. Carbs were not a huge issue. You have to figure how many calories go in and How many calories go out through excersise
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 07:49 AM
    I love this site Free Calorie Counter - Calories Burned, BMI, BMR & RMR Calculator

It helps you count how much you consume as well as how many you burn doing all sorts of exercise and household chores, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss help [ 5 Answers ]

I want to lose weight and become a medium instead of a XL! but i don't want to go on diet pills can any 1 help? :o

Weight loss [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask about some information for "Himalayan diet breakthough".I am thinking to try it,but bifore that,I want to know is it work or no.May be I could finde some one who used bifore and to give me some idea there is use of it or no.I am looking for some medicine to help me to lose weight.I am...

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I want to loss 10 kg of my weight within a month.how can I go about this.

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in this bet to see who can loose the most weight the fastest... and I really need help on finding the fastest way to loose a lot more weigth than the other people! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

View more questions Search