Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJCoop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Dog constipation after parvo?
    We adopted a year old Doxie from a shelter that became sick within a couple of day. She was diagnosed with Parvo and was immediately hospitalized. She only had 1 about of diarrhea the day before she went to the vet and has not had a bowel movement since. Is this common? The vet didn't seem too concerned due to lack of intake. I am getting liquids and some watery canned dog food into her using a syringe, but she isn't eating on her own. It has been almost a week now since her last BM. I am worried that she should be putting out SOMETHING... She isn't due to go back to the vet for a week.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 09:38 PM

I would take her back to the vet today if you can.
    If she has been eating watery food then something should be coming out the other end, and with parvo they usually have terrible diarrhea.

If I were to give you an answer it would only be a guess, your vet is the best person to talk to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get dog to eat after Parvo [ 4 Answers ]

My dog was diagosed with Parvo one week ago. I took him to the emergency clinic for the weekend. Then on to the vet that Monday. He stayed on IV fluid and twenty kabillion blood tests to keep track of different things. Diag on Sat and started trying to drink on his own Tuesday morning. (Good...

Is my dog going to get the parvo virus? [ 11 Answers ]

I brought a 8 week old blu heeler home that had parvo my 5-8 year old dog (zu) that was given to me about a month ago, was exposed to the parvo, they drink and ate from the same bowls went outside in the same yard, etc... well the second I realized the puppy had parvo I separated them, I took the...

Dog with parvo [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new puppy seven days ago. His name is Thunder, he has a bad history of being neglected, therefore he did not receive the shot that prevents parvo. The shelter informed his brother (Greg) had parvo. We found Thunder to have it as well. After hospitalizing him they think he might be...

Dog constipation [ 1 Answers ]

My 6month old lab has not pooped in 3-4 days. When should I become worried? Is there any home remedies I could try to help her along? I heard maybe Pumpkin? Also, she scarfed down half an edible nylabone the day before the problems began. I thought it was all digestible, but now I'm...

Dog has parvo [ 10 Answers ]

We took my sons dog to the vet and she tested positive for parvo. The vet gave as some medicine for her told us to give us to give her gatorade to keep her hydrated,and just wanted us out of his office fast,he could careless if she lives or dies,he got his money,and they were cleaning around us as...

View more questions Search