Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emo girl45 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Is purging bad?
    :confused: Every time I look in the mirror I look terrible. I look like I gained ten pounds since yesterday. I tried to diet but being twelve at that time it was hard because parents notice everything. Then I started to not eat and now I don't and purge. One of my friends found out and they give me hell I just don't know if I should listen to them because they have nothing to worry about because they're so skinny and they don't get it what should I do? And I don't want any answers that say "oh stop it" I'm sick of listening to that
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Eat healthy, small portions but eat more times per day, keeps your metabolism high, and burns the fat. How old are you now? What height are you? And how much do you weigh?
    Starrviolet Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2007, 08:06 PM
    It is very dangerous.. not eating or eating and purging is so bad for your teeth as well as the esophagus and when you do either of these you are cutting down on nutrients that your body needs to function. The stomach acid and bile that you throw up with your food is eventually going to rot your teeth away and eat up the esophagus and in turn can cause polyps or cancers in the throat! I work in a dental office and have a couple patients with eating disorders and they are paying the price now... I know you don't want us to tell you "Stop it" but for your own good and well-being, you need to. Please try to talk to your parents... and there are hot lines you can go to which you can look up online...
    emo girl45 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 01:11 PM
    I'm 13, 5"2 and 96 pounds
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Then girl you could stand to put ON some weight. You are not overweight at all, actually maybe a little underweight.

Now, about purging...

Do you have a pretty smile? Pretty white teeth? Kiss them goodbye if you purge. The acid from your stomach after a about of purging will eat your teeth and rot them away.

I could go into much more detail if you would like. How about the dangers to your heart?

Anorexia/bulemia is a disease and should be treated as such. This can, and has, killed many people. Please talk to someone who can help you overcome this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad bad dogg [ 3 Answers ]

OK,. I don't know what I did.My dog use to be nice,kind and always wanting to be next to me. But know these couple of days he has tried to bite me, and he growls at me when I enter to each room. He also doesn't even want me to carry him. If I do try to carry him he asks like he is going to bite me....

Bad clusters and bad blocks [ 1 Answers ]

When I do the chkdsk on WDC and it says windows replaced the bad clusters Why does Stellar Smart say there's 3 bad blocks? Didn't chkdsk clear it? The PC says no bad sectors

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Debt and Bad Debt allocation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help with the following accounting exercise? The following info was listed in company X balance sheet as of 2005 Aacounts Rec for 2004 150,000 Aacounts Rec for 2005 250,000 Allowance for bad debt in 2004 was 8,200 Allowance for bad debt in 2005 was 12,000

View more questions Search