Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharmi Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Wound cleaner?
    I've injured my knee:( is there any wound cleaner liquid anybody knows to clean wound without burning sense. Because I knew some wound cleaner but they all give burning sense. Let me know as soon as possible.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Tea tree oil is great for wounds! Get the best quality you can. It promotes healing quickly without any scarring.

Jul 25, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Won't it hurt or burn while I put on my wound.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Water?

Anything you put on it will hurt, because it's a WOUND. Wounds hurt.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 25, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Polysporin... cleans & disinfects:)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Hydrogen peroxide works great and doesn't burn like alcohol based cleansers. Vets usually will use this on animals because it doesn't burn.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Keep in mind though, a wound is a wound and is going to hurt a little with anything you use.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
    You can add 5 drops of a good quality tea tree oil to 1/4 cup warm water to cleanse your wound. It won't sting.

Jul 27, 2007, 02:13 AM
    Thanks guyz for your quick reply
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 04:46 AM
    You can also try Bactine, Bactine - FAQ's. It doesn't sting when applied and you can buy it in a pump spray bottle which will help with the pain when you apply it.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Jul 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Sorry about your injury. Sterile saline solution is 1st choice. As used to clean contact lenses. Important>>>>MIGHT NEED A TETANUS SHOT. How long has that been and if more than 1 year I would go strait to clinic for the tetanus shot. A few seconds of stinging is far better than a deep infection or Tetanus. Best wishes.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Jul 30, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by statictable
    Sterile saline solution is 1st choice.
    That is also my advice. I've never used anything but saline solution on wounds. Dr. Oz has been known recently for his advice on it. Here's a quote from him:

"One thing you absolutely should not do is use rubbing alcohol to clean that wound…or any wound, for that matter. "When you have a wound of any kind in your body, you never want to put a solution in there that you wouldn't put in your eyes," Dr. Oz says. "What happens when you use alcohol is you kill 50 [bad] bacteria, but you kill 500 million of your own defender cells. You want to use solutions that your body likes so you help the good guys."

Instead of a harsh cleanser, Dr. Oz recommends using a salt solution: about a quarter-teaspoon of salt mixed with warm water."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bacteria that aids wound healing? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 questions. 1) I would like to know is there such thing as bacteria or other micro-organisms that are beneficial to wound healing? 2) Do all of these micro-organisms take in oxygen and give off carbon dioxide, like us? Are there any of them that has oxygen as the product of...

Registry cleaner [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using a registry cleaner to clean up my registry (jv16 power tools) Before I remove something I shouldn't I'd like to know what the following two things are and if its safe to remove them. Invalid progID entry OLE/DDE and Invalid TypeLib entry OLE/DDE Thanks, Kat.

Metradome Key Wound Too Tight [ 1 Answers ]

My metradome key is wound too tight. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, bhfinds

Best vacuum cleaner? [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about buying a new vacuum cleaner and would like a recommendation on one that you have found to be good at really suctioning up the dirt. Price is not a factor.

View more questions Search