Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sallzsxc444 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Conjunctive eyetist & social soon!
    This morning when I woke up my eye lashes were stuck together and I couldn't open my eyes. I asked my mum about it and she said I have Conjunctive eyetist. I rang up my friend and she said she had it once and it usually lasts a week or few. Now here's the real problem... THE SCHOOL SOCIAL IS THIS WEDNESDAY! So please please how can I get rid of this before the social?? PLEASE HELP!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
    The correct name is conjunctivitis, another name for pink eye. It is VERY contagious.

You will need to go to the doctor and get an antibiotic ointment for this. Once on the medication for a full 24 hours you are no longer contagious. So, if you can, I recommend you go to the doctor now before you have to spend the weekend in pain. It can also cause some other problems if left untreated.
    sallzsxc444 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    The correct name is conjunctivitis, another name for pink eye. It is VERY contagious.

You will need to go to the doctor and get an antibiotic ointment for this. Once on the medication for a full 24 hours you are no longer contagious. So, if you can, I recommend you go to the doctor now before you have to spend the weekend in pain. It can also cause some other problems if left untreated.
    But my friend said that it lasts for weeks. Does it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 02:59 PM
    If left untreated without antibiotics, yes it can last for weeks. You will also be contagious for weeks.

This is a very highly contagious infection and you will not be allowed to go to school until it is cleared up.

Antibiotics will get rid of it in a few days and after 24 hours you won't be contagious anymore. If you want to go to the social, this is the ONLY way to go.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I just had this a couple of weeks ago. My doctor prescribed eye drops for me. Within a day or so my eyes were much better and I went back to work, no longer contagious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Social Security & Medicare Withholdings? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am an F-1 student in my 4th year in the US. I am working under CPT for an off-campus company. The social security and Medicare taxes were withheld from my last month's pay check. So I talked to the company secretary and told her that I should be exempt from those withholdings. I also gave...

Social Security & Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint bank account with my sister and we both deposit funds into this account. My Social Security check is automatically deposited each month. I have just received a Garnishment Notice from the bank that all the funds were taken out of the account for an old credit card debt I have, but...

Asking again, Social Security & Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

I had the entire amount in my checking account emptied by an old Credit Card debt, that yes, I have been to court and do owe the amount but my situation is that now I am retired and live on Social Security. At the time of the garnishment there were other funds in this checking account other than...

Non-profit social club & stock [ 6 Answers ]

I'm preparing to create a non-profit 501(c)(7) social club. First step is incorporation in my state. I know that with a corporation, stock is important because it shows how much of the business people own. Also, when it comes to dispursement of profits, it decides who gets how much. However, do...

Medicare & Social Security Tax [ 7 Answers ]

Hi ATE: If I want to claim for the Medicare & Social Security Tax during my OPT year (mid 2004 - mid2005) right now, is it possible? The situation is that I'm not a valid alien anymore since I've returned to my country on mid 2005. Thanks, Jesslyn

View more questions Search