Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambyr Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Strange cat names
    Hello I recently got a new cat after my old cat was killed and people tell I have strange names for cats.. I named my old one pepsi and my new cat is pickles is it really strange to name your cats like that?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 27, 2008, 02:34 AM
    My dog was named Pepsi! I miss her so much. She's not dead, my ex has her, but I miss her and her brother Kirby everyday! If you want to talk weird names? My sister has a bull dog named Gaylord Focker, and a Dalmatian named Finnegan. You can't get much weirder that that can you? ;)
    HSK Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Aug 27, 2008, 09:29 AM
    I love strange names... why not be different!

Some of my cats names are a bit strange too.

Disco, Foosie, and Torti Ma.

I used to have a poodle as a kid names Nebby.
    -Briiana- Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
    No it's not, there really cute names .:)
    -Briiana- Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 04:12 PM
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Those are cute names. My sister had a Siamese named Newyvalarge. The cat came when she was called. Pepsi is easy to spell and pronounce too. There was a cat named Pickles who lived next door to us.

A name should mean how you feel about the kitty, or any animal. My animals always had names that changed or morphed.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
    My wife named our cat Candle.

She thought of the kitten as a small, but very bright little flame, to add to our lives.

I'm used to it now, but it seemed really strange at the time, but of course I agreed.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 27, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    My wife named our cat Candle.

She thought of the kitten as a small, but very bright little flame, to add to our lives.

I'm used to it now, but it seemed really strange at the time, but of course I agreed.
    That is cute! I like that name, and a good theory behind it! :)
    charl89 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I have literally just got a 10 week old Bengal kitten tonight and I named her Sheebah and her brother who my mum and dad have is called Sheacane, Cane for a nickname. They are so cute. I have never owned a cat in all my life but this one is for good.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I had a cat named Pabst (that's what I get for letting my ex boyfriend name him)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I had a cat named Pabst (that's what I get for letting my ex boyfriend name him)
    Trust a guy to name a cat after a beer hey? You could've changed it to Blue Ribbon... Bluey for short... haha!
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 11:41 AM
    A cheap nasty beer at that.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
    I got a couple of dogs from the spca and they were already named Gizmo and Java. Their names haved morphed into Mr. Giz and Java-lava and I have a cat named Johnboy.

I like weird names. Fluffy et al is just too - predictable.
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 11:47 AM
    MY doggy has a human name. She is Susan.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 28, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Susan? Haha! That just struck me funny CM! Cute!

Emland, my friends dogs names are Gizmo and Gabby. Gizzy for short.

Can you just imagine my sister trying to find her dog if he got loose? Gaylor Focker, and just called Focker. What do you think the neighbors would think if she was running around calling... here Focker... come here you little Focker!! LOL!
    cottoncandy Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Aug 28, 2008, 12:23 PM
    We have a cat named Bubba also a girl, another named Twinkie for Twinkletoes, all black with a white spot on one foot. We used to have a turtle named Paul.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Aug 28, 2008, 06:00 PM
    I have had cats named Chocolate Bunny, Boobysquash, Dandylion, Tuxie and Bombay.
    Some of my dogs have been/are Tictac, Eggnog, Toejam, Kink-A-Jou, Shaker, and know of a Bait, Cali, Zebie, Mobie, Idgee, Chubbs, Kiwi, Pistachio, and Pompei.

I love the name Candle, especially because it has such a wonderful story and meaning behind it!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Thomas Jefferson, Rasputin, Kuro, and Little Debbie live at my house.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Aug 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
    I would also like to add the best name for laughs... Naked.
    At the shelter we would laugh and tell the new person to go walk Naked in the field, rain, or whatever. It was very funny!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
    My sister acquired a female siamese in 1980 and she was named John Lennon. Her name was never shortened into anything else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy names [ 39 Answers ]

My wife and I are expecting our third in October, a boy, and are struggling on a name this time around... any suggestions?

Commercial names to botanical names [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs, I want to know botanical names of all fruits,plants and flowers,particulerly all horticulture products and floriculture products.i.e. from commercial popular name to botanical names. Thank you and with regards. J.B.Gandhi

Last names [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with this I have 2 boys with my high school exgirl friend. I knew they didn't have my last name and was told there was nothing I could do about it. I do owe back child support on them that I have been paying on. They are in there twentys know. I went to help one of them get there birth...

MSN names [ 2 Answers ]

It would really help if you could give me some GOOD msn names.. Names and Nicknames... I want it to be cool.. like emo cool, sk8 cool... not like PINKY PRINCESS style.. thx a lot:D

Names [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a uniqu name for my 2 month old kitten. I got her from the animal shelter near where I live. She was a stray cat and doesn't have a name. I want the name to be less common. Can anyone help me? ^_^

View more questions Search