Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnysmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Female in heat started peeing in the house
    My female shih tzu started peeing in the house when she came in heat. She hadn't done this before. Do females pee more when they're in heat?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 20, 2009, 03:42 AM

Yes, they will do things like this and develop other bad habits during their heat cycles, and many of these behaviours will carry on, and be hard to break. Now is the perfect time to get her spayed. Do this now before it's too late. There are millions of unwanted dogs that are euthanized every yr. because their owner failed to have their dog spayed or neutered. A male dog can smell a female in heat from miles away. Please do this to prevent further behavioural problems, and also to prevent many health problems, including cancer. It has also been proven that this can extend the life expectancy of your dog. Do a favour for the 40 to 60 pups that had to die in the time it took me to reply to your question, and then give your dog a great big hug and tell her you did a good thing for her by making sure none of her puppies, or any of her great great grandpuppies, will be sitting on that cold table at the shelter awaiting certain death.
    sunnysmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Feb 20, 2009, 12:28 PM

Thanks starbucks. I am having her spayed as we speak. Vet said it was OK to spay during heat. My 98 pound neutered Rott was all over her so I didn't want to wait. Thanks for your respoinse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Female Shih-Tzu won't stop peeing in the house [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old unspayed female Shih-tzu. She is walked every hour and she is still peeing in my room. Once I walk into the room and notice the "accident" I call her name and point to the mess. She hovers close to the ground and wagging her tail as if she knows she is in trouble. I have...

12 why.o. Dog started peeing&pooping in house [ 7 Answers ]

Help! Please I am desperate and so is my dog... My parents (60years old) had a bichon su for 12 years until my mom passed away. Now my husband and I and 2 kids took the dog in. He came from across the country, and my father drove him across to come live with us. She was a very good dog, but...

Male dog just started peeing in house [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that recently started. I have a Corgi mix about five years old. He was house trained before we got him at about age 1.5yrs. Up until recently, we've never had a problem with his peeing or pooping in the house. About a month ago, though, he got a serious intestinal...

View more questions Search