Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piglet1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
    I want to leave my husband but now money
    I'm 26yrs old and I have a 2yrs old daughter and another on the way in the next couple of weeks. I don't love him as I used to do he's hit me in the pass and he blames me for calling the police on him. At the moment he's stays out all night and doesn't tell me, to top it off I'm 38 weeks pregnant and he turns the phone off so I can't call me. He goes out drinking and doesn't tell me and if me does tell me he says what time he will be home and he doesn't he comes home couple of hours later, if got to do everything at the moment and I just fell so nickered all the time. My daughter is very hyper and keeps me on my toes all the time. My dad and I have told him about his drinking and how its not far on our daughter and the unborn baby as well, but he keeps on doing it, he just says "i'm keep nagging him. I want to leave but I have Know money and I'm not working at the moment. My family doesn't want to know and I haven't got any friend that I can turn to. So PLEASE can someone give me some advice want I can do. I'm always crying all the time, with so much pain all of this is doing to me.:( :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
    You need to RUN to a battered wives support group. They will help you get shed of this loser.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Scott is right here. There are shelters that will help you along the way, but you need to get out before the cycle of abuse escillates.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Yes, call your local women's shelter, or abuse shelter, or even the homeless shelter and tell them what you are experiencing. He is both physically and emotionally abusive to you - you do not need to take that. You deserve better than that. Can your Father help you short term? As in allowing you and your child to live there? I understand the part about having no money. If you got to a safe place, like a shelter, a counselor can help you in getting some assistance and apply for housing and the whole nine yards. WIC for the newborn and your other child. Contacting Legal Aid in your state for an attorney (sliding scale fee) would be a great benefit to you. You need to know your rights and how you can legally protect yourself and your children. Also to find out what your husband's legal responsibilities. He has them and will most likely try to scare you or threaten you or just plain get out of his duties.

Your family needs to know, why would they stick their heads in the sand about this? Are they afraid of your husband? Call the police if you have to and explain how you feel terrorized. There are places to call and I truly hope you get some help and get some counseling and get to safety.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 16, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Call around and find some help. Usually the united way is a good start.
    Once you get some legal help you can file, a civil court order to have him removed from the house, and to seize bank accounts.
    There are not any guarantees that this will work but it is a start. These things happen all the time the system is set up to respond to the needs of women (which can be somewhat unfair to some men) but the point is you do have options. Look here

Women's Divorce Help

custody and divorce separation discussion - Google Search
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:33 AM
    You are better off without him.
    Have u got any close family who can support and help you out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 06:52 AM
    First I will question this a bit, you say "your dad has talked to him" so obviously your dad is involved, will he not help you ?

And family is their for that, you show up with a suitcase and most will let you stay. If not there are shelters in the US for women in your situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know when to leave [ 10 Answers ]

:( I have been with this man for years and I have been unhappy for about ten but I have been tiring to make it work he has no job we have a six year old son and he has been very mean to me ever since he found out I cheated but the only reason I did was one time with a old friend I knew for years...

Should I leave my husband [ 31 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My husband and I have been married for ten years. It has been rocky from the very beginning. In the past, whenever we would get into an argument, he would become physically violent. A couple of years ago, he bit a plug out of my hand, and it required medical treatment. I...

I need to leave my husband, but I have no help [ 19 Answers ]

I have been married for 12 years and with my husband for 15. We have 3 fantastic kids ages 6, 7 & 10. They are happy go lucky kids very involved with schools and friends. My husband and I are done. Every day I pray to God to help me leave him, without disturbing the lives of my kids. My kids...

Do I really want to leave her? [ 8 Answers ]

I recently broke up with my girlfriend/fiance of one year. Our relationship moved very quickly and we moved in together 4 months after going out for the first time. I honestly thought it was love at first sight. There are a lot of qualities about her that I adore and truly miss; after all, I do...

Should I leave him [ 14 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfreind for 4yrs. I lived with him the first 3 then he kicked me out for hearing I was cheating, which I wasn't and he knows.We have been getting along very well, but every time he gets angry with me for the smallest thing (ex. Calling him more than once when he is out with...

View more questions Search