Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bloodybloke Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Englishman married Greek IN Greece, needs divorce from UK!
    I am an English man who married a Greek girl IN Athens in July 1998 & we happily lived together for a further 2 & a half years there.
    We then split & I returned to the UK in March 2001 & haven't returned since.
    We had no children together & no property or other financial ties to sort out.

She is aware of the fact that I want a divorce and agrees completely with this.
    She seems to that that because we got married IN Greece, that in order to get a divorce I must return to Greece to sign the relevant paperwork.
    I find this hard to believe personally. Surely this is not the case & something can be done without me leaving the UK.

Does us being separated for nearly 6 years make any difference to this?
    Any idea of any cost differnces in our situation too??

Thank you for any help anyone can give.

X
    twistedangel Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2007, 01:31 PM
    You sooo know the answer to your own question, go get yourself a solictor, they will do all the hard work for u, I'm sure there is no need for you to have to return to her country. But I am bettin that it will cost more than you are expecting!
    yannio1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedangel View Post
    You so know the answer to your own question, go get your self a solictor, they will do all the hard work for you, I'm sure there is no need for you to have to return to her country. But I am bettin that it will cost more than you are expecting!
    I had this happen to me and I live in Australia and my ex husband was in Greece and a lawyer represented me with all the paperwork and acted as a power of attorney, notifying me of when I had to sign papers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Born in Greece how do I get a greek passport? [ 7 Answers ]

I was born in Athens, Greece, to US citzens and my father was in the military. I grew up in the USA and have a US passport. I have my Greek birth certificate, so how do I go about getting a Greek passport? Thanks

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

Greek family history -- Ammos, Greece [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing family history research. I need to identify the municipality or location of municipal offices for the village of Baliaga, also known as Ammos, in Greece. The closest large city to Ammos is Kalamata Thanks!

Married only 2 month now and thinking I want a Divorce. [ 14 Answers ]

I have been living single/divorced in my home purchased in my last marriage for 15 years now. I own my home myself. I have been divorced for 11 years now from my first marriage. I just got married (Second Marriage) 2 months after a rocky dating period of about 1 year. This is my second marriage....

View more questions Search