Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xyz_1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 04:45 PM
    Should I leave him?
    I have been married since one year, but we never lived together as he was a student. So I stayed with my parents. Also our marriage is not revealed to any of our relatives, friends yet.
    After few months I migrated to another country for my further studies and he stayed back as he has started working. We never lived together. We had a court marriage against our parents will. My parents accepted it after marriage and his parents pretended to him that they had accepted. However his parents started convincing him to divorce me. Due to this we had frequent fights. His parents always used to create problems between us by some means. Now that I'm in another country, they still have brain washed him for divorce. We both had a big fight and we are not in contact since more than 3 weeks. Also one other thing is that he always speaks lie to me. He somehow pretends to show me that he cares a lot for me and so every time tells me that he doesn't talk with his parents. But afterwards I find the truth that he is actually talking with them. This has happened 4-5 times till now. I'm fed up of his parents' trouble and his lying habit. Should I leave him? Please help!
    lilsexy3345319 Posts: 5, Reputation: -3

Nov 2, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz_1983
    I have been married since one year, but we never lived together as he was a student. So i stayed with my parents. Also our marriage is not revealed to any of our relatives, friends yet.
    After few months i migrated to another country for my further studies and he stayed back as he has started working. We never lived together. We had a court marriage against our parents will. My parents accepted it after marriage and his parents pretended to him that they had accepted. However his parents started convincing him to divorce me. Due to this we had frequent fights. His parents always used to create problems between us by some means. Now that I'm in another country, they still have brain washed him for divorce. We both had a big fight and we are not in contact since more than 3 weeks. Also one other thing is that he always speaks lie to me. He somehow pretends to show me that he cares a lot for me and so everytime tells me that he doesn't talk with his parents. But afterwards i find the truth that he is actually talking with them. This has happened 4-5 times till now. I'm fed up of his parents' trouble and his lying habit. Should i leave him? Please help!
    You should leave him

Nov 2, 2006, 05:29 PM
    You should leave him

Nov 2, 2006, 05:31 PM
    You should leave the boy:mad:
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2006, 06:36 PM
    I notice you didn't say that you love him. If you don't, get out as soon as possible and get on with your life. If you do love him, you have my sympathy, because the answer is not so easy. With such an inauspicious start, your marriage would be difficult at best. It sounds like maybe it was a youthful mistake that you need to learn from and move on.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 04:06 AM
    Marriage IS a commitment.
    I think you 2 rushed into something you weren't both totally 100% sure about.
    Due to this you are finding it hard to communicate.

What was the immediate rush to get married?
    Why was this marriage against your parents will?

The whole start of this marriage seemed wrong.
    You need to work things out as a couple alone. Just the 2 of u.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Hard to be married if your not there together.
    dewanda Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Sweety, there is no need to be miserable. If you know in your heart that this just does not work for you, then let it go! I know this may be a little cheesy and you've heard it a million and one times but hun you only live once and there is absolutely no need of being miserable if you don't have to be. And besides that's his parents, do you really believe that he's going to go aganst them for you, if so then I wouldn't be sending you this response!
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Nov 3, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Not understanding why yous aren't living together or haven't lived together. Too many other people involved. This decision should be between the two of you... not your parents. You married each other and are adults so yous are the only ones that can make this decision. If yous cannot communite then that is a bad start to a marriage. The first year is suppose to be the best but sounds like it's already pretty rocky! Talk to him about what he wants and what you want and where yous foresee your future together. Are yous both willing to try to make the marriage work??

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When to know you should leave [ 24 Answers ]

Need advice from anyone at this point.. I have been married for nine years, for seven years in the marriage my husband has been doing everything for every one but his family. He has left me so lonely that about a few years ago, I went to visit family and ran into an old friend. Yes a male...

How do I know when to leave [ 10 Answers ]

:( I have been with this man for years and I have been unhappy for about ten but I have been tiring to make it work he has no job we have a six year old son and he has been very mean to me ever since he found out I cheated but the only reason I did was one time with a old friend I knew for years...

Should I leave him? [ 34 Answers ]

I have been married for five years now. We have got 2 kids. My husband cheated on me while I was pregnant with a very good friend of mine. He was still cheating on me while we got married with the same girl and asked me to keep our marriage secret. I later found out, he left the girl, I forgave him...

Do I really want to leave her? [ 8 Answers ]

I recently broke up with my girlfriend/fiance of one year. Our relationship moved very quickly and we moved in together 4 months after going out for the first time. I honestly thought it was love at first sight. There are a lot of qualities about her that I adore and truly miss; after all, I do...

Should I leave him [ 14 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfreind for 4yrs. I lived with him the first 3 then he kicked me out for hearing I was cheating, which I wasn't and he knows.We have been getting along very well, but every time he gets angry with me for the smallest thing (ex. Calling him more than once when he is out with...

View more questions Search