Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cat_eyes21 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Is there still a chance for me and my husband?
    Ive been separated from my husband for a year now. About eight months ago we tried to work our marriage out and it was ended horribly. I moved to a different state and I am now pregnant by another man. My husband called me out of the blue and asked me if we could try to work things out again. I told him about the baby and he was really hurt about everything. We discussed getting a divorce but then he recently revealed to me that he loves me too much to let me go. That was about a month ago and I haven't talked to him or heard from him since. I don't think that he can handle the idea of me having a child with somebody other than him. I just want things to go back to the way it was. Is there a chance for me and my husband?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 12:09 PM
    If he can't handle you having another man's child, then no it will not work out.

Also, things will NEVER go back to the way they were and why would you want them too considering the way they were didn't work. Communication is the only thing that could save any hope but that's on both of you to do
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Unless you talk about it you'll never know for sure. One thing you do know as fact, you two didn't communicate, or work together very well before, and now the circumstances are complicated by a child by another man.

I'll be honest, a man is the last thing you need, working on yourself, and your obligations to you, and your child, is a lot more important, and jumping from man to man, without working on yourself, is a recipe for disaster.
    FLORENCE1085 Posts: 46, Reputation: 6

Aug 7, 2008, 05:09 PM
    The Child You Have Must Be Your First And Only Worry. The Man Who You Are Pregnant With Is Where? What Does He Feel? It Is His Child And He Should Hav The Right To Help You With Your Choice. Your Husband Was Not In The Picture When You Were With This Other Man So Give The Other Guy A Chance. Your Baby Might Get To Have Both Its Mommy And Daddy. Your Husband My Treat Your Child Badly Because Of The Situation.

Aug 7, 2008, 08:38 PM
    The father of my child lives near me. We have known each other for about a year now and he was actually the first man that I was attracted to after my husband. When I went back to work it out I kind of left without telling him. I just felt so bad that I had feelings for another man and I was still married. I tried for our divorce but he just blows it off or he will start on the "i have changed story". I actually moved back here when things went south again in my marriage. Me and him hooked backed up and ended up creating a life together. Now my husband acts like he is so upset about it but its like when I wanted to work things out he wanted to do other things... I talked my husband recently and now he wants to work things out again. Im just so tired of him playing with my heart and now things are different I have a child. Thank you to all for taking the time to give me advice. I always knew what I had to do but love always gets in the way
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Alright. This is WHAT he wants.... the real question is DO YOU WANT TO BE WITH HIM?

You're pregnant with your current lovers' child, but your ex-husband pops out of nowhere and asks to get back together...
    FLORENCE1085 Posts: 46, Reputation: 6

Aug 7, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Be strong and do what you feel in your heart is the right thing to do. Your husband was not there for you when you met this new man and who knows this new guy may be your true love. Trust your heart and do not let men play with your feelings.

Aug 8, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Your right, its like a game to him. He told me in the past that he knows no matter what I will always be his. But what's stupid is that I know that he loves me, for the last 3yrs he was my best friend. Now everything is so crazy and I just wish he would finally stop coming back to me. Every single time I start to get over him he comes right back. If he would have just treated me how a wife is supposed to be treated we would still be happy. But everything is always more important his friends, other women, his money and its not love anymore. Some days I do miss him because we used to be sooo happy and I start to think well maybe this time we can get it back. But maybe its dead now, I just wish that he would divorce me and let me have my life back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maybe a second chance? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for about a month and a half now, our two year anniversary would be tomorrow. I would love to get back with her so badly. I broke up with her one day after getting angry for no reason, mostly because of an acne medicine (accutane) that makes me pretty emotional. But...

My last chance! [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know the name of a movie from the late 70's early 80's. It was about a black family held hostage by convicts. The Father was a preacher. They beat him with the bible. The little kid had a friend and their password for help was hotdog. It had something to do with tables turning. The...

Second Chance? [ 5 Answers ]

OK, so here is my situation: I have been in nyc for an internship and my boyfriend of one month has been in europe for 6 weeks on a summer trip since he just graduated college. We spent a month together before we both left on our little trips and everything was great... we spend almost everyday...

Is there a chance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is this. I have met this guy that I truly like and I know he just got out of a relationship, he says he is not ready for one yet and he says am the one if he was ready. He called me all week and then we went on a date. I had mentioned it first but he brought it up again. Then a...

View more questions Search