Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sundarj6666in Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 10:08 AM
    NY State Return -Wife No SSN/ITIN
    I am filing 1040NREZ for the year 2007 as Married Non Resident Alien, inputting my SSN. I need to file NY State Return as non resident to get the refund. I have to file as "Married filing separately" only. But in the state return, what should I write for spouse SSN/ITIN since she has none of this? Can I attach a letter stating that the ITIN of wife will be intimated as soon as it is received?
    Please clarify?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 12:44 PM
    You can file the NY return as Married Filing Separately. Print "Non-resident alien" in her SSN area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1 with SSN and wife NR no SSN or ITIN [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am also furnishing some more information for the questions I asked to get the corect answer 1) I arrived at US on 26th August 2007 on L1 visa 2) I have got an SSN 3) My W2 states that my taxable married status is 'Single' 4) My wife has L2 visa and a resident indian and has never visited...

I am on L1 having SSN, wife is on L2 having ITIN [ 2 Answers ]

I am on L1 having SSN, wife is on L2 having ITIN. I am working in a software firm, but wife is not working. I understand that I have to file jointly with my wife as a dependent. 1. Is my assumption right that, I have file jointly ? 2. What is the best practice to increase my tax exemptions ?...

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

State return for NJ while awaiting ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

So, I have been on a H1b visa in the US for over 3 years. In 2006, I was married and my wife came here on a H4 visa in November. From the other questions here, I have gathered that we can file jointly as resident aliens .She will need an ITIN for taxes and that I will have to send W7 with my...

State tax filing for F1 visa holder - spouse has no ITIN/SSN [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a student on an F-1 visa , and have a wife on an F-2 dependent visa. I can file the federal tax forms without an ITIN for my wife as I will be completing a W7 to apply for an ITIN. How can I claim my wife on any of the state tax forms, as they ask for the spouse's ITIN? Thanks in...

View more questions Search