Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sblevins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 04:57 PM
    How do I get husband to leave (we rent)?
    I want a divorce but my husband won't leave. We rent (don't have a lease) so technically his name isn't on anything. I really have nowhere to go. Other apartments are more expensive and I don't want to make my six year old son switch schools. My husband gambled money away in the past (seven years ago) and I thought he was done with that. Recently he took $1000 dollars out of our account and has no explanation of where it went. He even took my son's birthday money ($160) out of his piggy bank. I have nowhere to go and can't afford an attorney. I feel like I'm stuck in this and I can't get out. It's making my son and I miserable. What can I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 06:57 PM
    You get with legal aid and file for divorce, it may take some time for the court to order one to move.
    yenkalb Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sblevins
    I want a divorce but my husband won't leave. We rent (don't have a lease) so technically his name isn't on anything. I really have nowhere to go. Other apartments are more expensive and I don't want to make my six year old son switch schools. My husband gambled money away in the past (seven years ago) and I thought he was done with that. Recently he took $1000 dollars out of our account and has no explanation of where it went. He even took my son's birthday money ($160) out of his piggy bank. I have nowhere to go and can't afford an attorney. I feel like I'm stuck in this and I can't get out. It's making my son and I miserable. What can I do?
    Or you could do what my wife did to me!! Its true. I took my cell phone back from her. (snatched it out of her hands) she called the police. I was arrested, charged and convicted of offensive touching. She received a P F A. restraining me from the residence. etc. I don't endorse this but, in the end we are both much happier people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to leave my husband, but I have no help [ 19 Answers ]

I have been married for 12 years and with my husband for 15. We have 3 fantastic kids ages 6, 7 & 10. They are happy go lucky kids very involved with schools and friends. My husband and I are done. Every day I pray to God to help me leave him, without disturbing the lives of my kids. My kids...

Can a tenant leave without paying rent due? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I tried finding the answer to this question, and I can't seem to find anything on this: The situation is that one of our tenants owes a substantial amount of rent, we just got a letter from them saying they want to leave in 30 days and set up a payment plan (they owe a lot of money and...

Buy House - Rent Out - Leave to Heirs [ 6 Answers ]

I am planning on purchasing a property that hopefully will grow in value over the years. (the next 25 or 30 years) I plan to hang onto the property, rent it out, and will it to my heirs. I understand that there will be a new “cost basis” at my death, but: 1) How does that affect my life...

Roommate won't leave. Never paid rent. I own the condo. [ 4 Answers ]

I own two properties and one is being rented out to someone who has never paid me rent. She did me a favor because she is a Real Estate Agent and saved me $2,000. She needed a place to stay, so we worked it out (verbally, no lease singed) that I would not charge her for 4 months rent. Since the...

We want rent-free tenant to leave [ 2 Answers ]

We are a church that offered a rent-free room to a college kid several years ago in exchange for security duties. He is now an adult with a college education but without a full-time job. There is no written contract or lease, money has never been exchanged. We've been asking him to leave for five...

View more questions Search