Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iwant2live Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Motion for default judgment hearing
    I have a Motion for default judgment hearing in 2 weeks, The judgment (27K) is the last straw in a crumbling financial house already. I will be filing for bankruptcy (7) prior to that. (self-employed 2006-90K 2007-35K, house is in foreclosure) Will I still need to attend the hearing? Or what would happen if I show up and file bankruptcy later in May time frame?

Let me know if there is any strong food for thought

Thanks

Mr. Starting Over
    :eek:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 05:31 AM
    [QUOTE=iwant2live]I have a Motion for default judgment hearing in 2 weeks, The judgment (27K) is the last straw in a crumbling financial house already. I will be filing for bankruptcy (7) prior to that. (self-employed 2006-90K 2007-35K, house is in foreclosure) Will I still need to attend the hearing? Or what would happen if I show up and file bankruptcy later in May time frame?

Let me know if there is any strong food for thought

Simple answer - NEVER ignore a Court hearing. It's easier to go and state your case than not go and spend a lot of time and energy trying to set aside whatever was decided/ordered in your absence.

So show up, if they get the Judgment it's going to be discharged in bankruptcy anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion To Vacate Default Judgment [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limitation in Miami Dade County, Florida to File a Motion to Vacate Default Judgment? I am attempting to file one for Lack of Service (I have never been served!) on a Default Judgment entered in 09/2001, however, I read somewhere that in the state of...

Motion hearing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a motion hearing scheduled for a credit card bill that was not paid. I am in the process of paying off my bankruptcy attorney, but since this is not paid off yet I, of course, have a motion hearing scheduled with a credit card company. Do not need to know if this needs to be mentioned, but...

Motion and sum cerain affidavit for entry of default without hearing [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: We have been fighting a credit card problem, and have received a notice of motion and sum certain affadavit for entry of judgement by default and without hearing To go backwards when we first got the alternative dispute resolution we hired an attorney and paid her to fill the paperwork,...

Motion Hearing [ 18 Answers ]

I have to go to court for a civil matter. It is an attorney suing for a remainder balance on a repo. The problem is I had arrangements with the company, and the day I was to make another payment, the vehicle was repo'd. This company has a long trail of victims. I would receive, at times, over 7...

View more questions Search