Atlantic International University

Asked Jan 22, 2007, 03:16 AM 23 Answers
    What do you think about Atlantic International University?
    Is it accredited by official organization?
    They will transfer my associated diploma and my previous work experience to regular hours and will have to cover about 10 courses to have bachelor degree.
    Thank you

Last edited by Curlyben; Jan 22, 2007 at 03:34 AM.
    Capuchin's Avatar
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 655

#2

Jan 22, 2007, 03:23 AM
    On their website here:
    Atlantic International University: Accreditation

It clearly states (in bold text): "ATLANTIC INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT ACCREDITED BY AN ACCREDITING AGENCY RECOGNIZED BY THE UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF EDUCATION."
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 16,899, Reputation: 1760
    Admin & Wine Expert

#3

Jan 22, 2007, 03:33 AM
    A quick Google produces this:
    "Atlantic International University, Hawaii, Florida. Azaliah, formerly New Mexico, Lost its US accreditation in 2002"
    Please refer to This Thread
    ostakaka's Avatar
    ostakaka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#4

Feb 11, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smqms
    Thank you
    It's a scam. Read the article about Diploma Mills on Wikipedia: Diploma mill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A university that offers diplomas on life experience are a scam through and through
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 75,729, Reputation: 7217

#5

Feb 11, 2007, 06:44 PM

There are many other mail order schools that offer you degrees at only a few hundred dollars compared to the 1000's they want.

Heck our church has a religious college degree that is actual study that costs less than this. ( also not acredited but again we are for people in our church who want to study religion)
    genderth's Avatar
    genderth Posts: 6, Reputation: -2

#6

Mar 15, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smqms
    Thank you
    With respect I do not know how you can call AIU a degree mills if you have truly examined the site. There are many non accredited universities are they all scams.

If this is the case they have produced a site that goes a long way towards authentication.
    NeedKarma's Avatar
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,378, Reputation: 1667

#7

Mar 15, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by genderth
    Absolutely ANYONE can make a web site, it means nothing.
    genderth's Avatar
    genderth Posts: 6, Reputation: -2

#8

Mar 18, 2007, 02:45 AM
    My argument would be - why go to all the bother of producing a site, holding conferences and degree ceremonies over the globe in different countries, becoming in some way affiliated with other Universities, albeit in Spain and latin American Countries - it seems a long distance to travel for a scam. Especially, when they could do exactly as other (Mills) as you refer do and that is just offer you a degree for a fixed some of money. Personally it does not make a whole lot of sense to me.

As the remarks you are making are damaging and of detrimental to that particular institution, in my opinion without due cause. I am sure if you looked into the University responsibly, you would find that they practice a form of adult learning which has been around for many years, one which is referred to as 'adragogy'. For your information, it is argued that the way an adult learns is different from the way a child learns -- this is the most basic principle behind the educational theory known as andragogy.

The term means man-lead as opposed to child-lead, which is the literal meaning of the word pedagogy. These are two different educational principles, and applying the former in a distance education setting can make for more enriching learning experience.

Further, on investigation I have learned they are not accredited due to the fact they do not have a campus but offices in Miami and Hawai. Many Universities, in fact, some of the best are not accredited. Although a campus would be of benefit for accountability, if one is providing university education worldwide via. The internet it may not be of the upmost importance.

My argument is based on the premise that this type of statement without proven investigation or foundation is wrong. Most 'Degree Mills' when contacted are quite up front over their activities or make it as obvious as possible, under which ever cloak they choose to use. Although I do concur there are issues on the internet and scams that need to be bought to peoples attention and exposing, in my opinion, it is those that one should have evidence of and be identified on valuable sites such as this.
    NeedKarma's Avatar

#9

Mar 18, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by genderth
    My argument would be - why go to all the bother of producing a site, holding conferences and degree ceremonies over the globe in different countries, becoming in some way affiliated with other Universities, albeit in Spain and latin American Countries - it seems a long distance to travel for a scam.
    In your previous post you mentioned only the website and that was what I responded to, I stand by my response: never believe a company is above board simply because their website looks professional. That's part of the premise of phising scams. You seem awfully defensive on this subject, that leads one to believe you are involved with them. I'll stick with the others and lump 'your school' with the other degree mills that will take your money for a piece of paper that means little to any employer.

Quote Originally Posted by genderth
    Most 'Degree Mills' when contacted are quite up front over their activites or make it as obvious as possible, under which ever cloak they choose to use.
    You're joking, right?
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Admin & Wine Expert

#10

Mar 18, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Well said NK, he obviously hasn't paid any attention to my Degree Mill piece that I posted earlier.
    See post #3!

Washington international university [ 3 Answers ]

Is Degree From Washington International University Regonised As It Is Signed By Us Government Notary